We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moonhole

gr8
WI
6 posts
Save Topic
Moonhole

I am going to Moonhole in May. Can anyone tell me what it's like?

I know there is no electricity there. Any issues I need to worry about with that?

Austin, TX
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moonhole

Take a fogger type bug spray. Only had problems once with tiny little knats. The fogger did the trick. Bring your own soap or bath gel. The soap wasn't very good. Everything else is spectacular. No problem with electricity at all. You won't even notice.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moonhole

I was there last Thursday and I am intending to go next year for a week. If you are considering Moonhole than you must have a very clear idea that it is VERY different than anywhere you've been! the views and beach are better than anywhere I have seen on the island. I'm sure you will have to deal with the "Bugs" and the fact that there will be no lights after dark. How would I describe it? Not sure one could communicate what it is like to someone I don't know, but it is VERY ECLECTIC and RUSTIC and extremely unique! One really gets a feeling of the history of Moonhole.GOOD LUCK

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moonhole

You will arrive at Moonhole near sundown. You will find it absolutely essential for each person in your party to have a personal torch/flashlight. Take this in your carry-on as well as a few extra batteries. On cloudy or moonless nights, it is very dark and the construction of the houses at Moonhole means that all steps and floors are uneven. Watch your step - one guest recently pitched over a railing and cracked his crown...it took his wife half an hour to find him in the dark (she had no torch and he was unconscious).

If you are readers, the new Mighty Bright LED booklights (about $20-25) are excellent, the batteries rarely need replacing, and in a pinch, they will serve as a torch.

The beach at Moonhole is OK but you have to make sure to go out between the breaks in the reef and watch the current, which can be quite strong.

bequia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Moonhole

The houses do have solar powered electricity for lighting, Although these are not bright, bright lights you can certainly see after dark. I am told that the man that fell admitted that it was by no means any fault of the structure of the house or the lighting.

5. Re: Moonhole

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bequia