We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Michael Tours / TA "Review" Procedures

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
906 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Michael Tours / TA "Review" Procedures

Just went to write a quick review of Michael Tours, having had 2 great trips with him to Isle a Quatre (to different beaches--and with different people). But Michael is not listed in the TA "attractions" section and to add a listing, it seems there are a lot of hoops to jump through (providing a street adress for example)-- and their listing categories are impossibly hard to navigate (no sort at all), plus at the top, it specifically says that tours are not eligible, but on my second attempt I did find "tours" as a category (after looking for what category Friendship Rose was listed in).

Anyway, my point is, does anybody else find it frustrating trying to review new places, attractions etc.? I guess it's one more reason why the ratings from the reviews section are suspect.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Michael Tours / TA "Review" Procedures

Agreed..!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,039 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Michael Tours / TA "Review" Procedures

Maybe try the "Things to do" tab. Then on the right there is an option "add your article"? Not many people seem to use that option but it is there.

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Michael Tours / TA "Review" Procedures

Obxpat is correct...you can either add your article, or there is a title 'day trips'...but I think add your article and title it Michaels tours

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
906 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Michael Tours / TA "Review" Procedures

From what I have seen for a variety of destinations, the "articles" are generally more overviews of a certain category (e.g. "tours" or "sports"), rather than focussing on a specific business or attraction.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,039 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Michael Tours / TA "Review" Procedures

They can be either and I've found lots of great ideas for different destinations by reading them! Nice way to highlight an experience that stays on the site much more prominently and longer than just a trip review which only stays on current posts usually. I think it would be a great way to let travelers know about Michael's and I'm sure he would appreciate it. Not sure why you would suggest the ratings reviews are "suspect"? They are rated according to Posts submitted. Some may or may not agree with them.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
906 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Michael Tours / TA "Review" Procedures

Obxpat, there are a few problems with the ratings. As I was pointing out, if there are places/attractions missing from the list, then "number 1 out of 20" doesn't really mean anything if there are really 30 to choose from, but nobody has been able to add the other 10. Also, different people have different ideas about what makes a "4" or "5" star. I have seen reviews where the entire narrative is pointing out negatives, but the rating is still a 5, and others where the text is nothing but rave reviews for everything about the place, but the rating is only a 4. Same for the other end of the scale. Also, there is no time weighting, so old reviews count as much as recent ones, even though things may have gotten much better or worse in the meantime. That's why I only pay attention to the written words, not the ranking, when I look at a place.

7. Re: Michael Tours / TA "Review" Procedures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:42 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bequia