We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seashells Holiday Apartments VS. Sweet Mango Apartments

South Carolina
7 posts
Save Topic
Seashells Holiday Apartments VS. Sweet Mango Apartments

I'm hoping to take the family to Bequia for the Christmas holidays this year (2006).The family consists of myself, my wife, and two young adult daughters (ages 21 and 24).

Does anyone know about the quality, convenience, value, etc of these two apartments: Seashells Holiday Apartments & Sweet Mango Apartments?

There is precious little available about them on the internet, and neither appears to have a descriptive website.

Other suggestions also welcome (apartment rental, villa rental, etc.).

Personally, I would choose a property in the Mt. Pleasant / Friendship Bay areas BUT I think it will be best if we stay in the Port Elizabeth / Lower Bay area so my daughters have easy (walking) access to the restaurants and bars in town.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

South Carolina
7 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Seashells Holiday Apartments VS. Sweet Mango Apartments

Coco,

Thanks for your information.

It sounds like Seashells Apartments is the place to be.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Seashells Holiday Apartments VS. Sweet Mango Apartments

We stayed at Seashells in Feb/March 2005. The place is wonderful and Arlene and Michael are superb hosts. It is approx. 15 minutes to walk to the beach or to the bay for the restaurants/bars. However, you will have a cell phone with you and you can call a personal cab at any point. Curtis was our appointed driver through Arlene, however, Kenny (red cab) is awesome too. Kenny is always out no matter how late.

We met Chrissy and her family the day before we left and they had just opened Sweet Mango. It was brilliant. They are also a lovely family. Lower Bay is great for restaurants also, but probably not as much nightlife. Do go to Coco's and Fernando's Hideaway.

Oh my goodness, we are thinking of returning next year (2007) and I would have a hard time deciding between the two places. Both are stunning with wonderful hosts. If you want to be closer to town however, you must stay at Seashells.

Arlene will email you more photos if you contact her. Tell her Jeff and Rebecca say hello. She can arrange any trip you are interested in too as they are from St. Vincent. We climbed the volcano (La Soufriere).. I highly recommend this as well as the Friendship Rose excursion to the Tobago Cayes.....It is totally worth the price.

Have an awesome trip.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Seashells Holiday Apartments VS. Sweet Mango Apartments

oh yes - And just opened is AQUA on Bequia - Lisa - the owner is the cutest...she reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw from Se***(won't let me write the word) and the City. She is from LA and just opened her two room inn. Check it out. Just google her, she has a website. Again... tell her Jeff and Rebecca sent you....just a thought!

South Carolina
7 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Seashells Holiday Apartments VS. Sweet Mango Apartments

Oh, my.

So many choices - So little time.

Thanks for the EXCELLENT information.

15. Re: Seashells Holiday Apartments VS. Sweet Mango Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 13, 2009