We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Dennis

Crossville...
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hurricane Dennis

Any one know how Bequia/St. Vincent did with Hurricane Dennis?

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricane Dennis

I think you mean Emily ?

At any rate, fo here for reports on the Grenadines (including the Grenadian Grenadines), and St. Vincent and its Grenadines. stormcarib.com/reports/2005/stvincent.shtml

In summary, Carriacou and Petit Martinique took a pounding. There was some damage on Union, Canouan and Mayreu. St. Vincent and Bequia escaped serious harm.u

Bequia
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricane Dennis

Bequia is okay. We had some rain, but less than the previous week when Hurricane Dennis formed as a tropical storm over us. Some wind, but not as bad as Ivan. The wind was stronger on the Atlantic side and in Southside compared to what we experienced in the middle of the island. It all passed over us during the night. No structural damage on Bequia that we know of, but about 52 houses on St. Vincent were damaged. Have not heard reports of anything untoward on the Southern Grenadines. The good thing that came out of Hurricane Ivan was that everyone was prepared this time and took the threat of Emily seriously.

Atlanta
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurricane Dennis

My cousin told me they didn't even get any rain. The storm apparently passed just north of them. Thank God.