We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Number of "carry-ons" allowed??

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Number of "carry-ons" allowed??

I've been told that Liat only allows "one" piece of carry-on luggage with dimensions of 21x14x8 inches and maximum of 15lbs....but are we also allowed to carry a "purse" or small "backpack"??

bhp
UK
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Number of "carry-ons" allowed??

I think that you will find that one piece of carry on means exactly that - certainly not a backpack as well. LIAT are also strict on weight allowances and number of bags. In my experience if you have an extra bag the lightest will be classified as your "allowed" checked bag and the other charged at excess rate. This can be expensive. I have a certain amount of sympathy for airlines having seen the abuse that some passengers make of carry on rules but LIAT seem to apply them very strictly - especially when they can make money out of it.

World
Level Contributor
974 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Number of "carry-ons" allowed??

One has to reaslize that LIAT is flying Dash 8's. These are relatively small turbo prop airplanes with limited cabin and overhead space. Even in North America when flying on a Dash 8 one is usually asked to hand over traditional wheeled "carry on" suite cases on the ramp for sky check as they do not fit in the cabin.

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Number of "carry-ons" allowed??

Thank you for your response....I have checked with Liat "online" and they will allow a "purse" but it has to contain items that would not be considered "baggage" items.....ie...you could have a camera, makeup, medications and such small articles as these in your purse.

4. Re: Number of "carry-ons" allowed??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:44 am, July 09, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Kingstown
More Kingstown Topics