We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rich View Guesthouse- St. Vincent

Which Kingstown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rich View Guesthouse- St. Vincent

Can anyone tell me about the Rich View Guest House? It is located on Sion Hill.

My family is deciding to visit my brother June 19 2008 - June 26 2008. They are getting married down there.

Thank You-

TB

World
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rich View Guesthouse- St. Vincent

Sorry I can't help you with specifics. Sion Hill is a bustling community with lots of street life especially near the roundabout. If you stay at Rich View, please post a report.

SVG
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rich View Guesthouse- St. Vincent

I found their website - http://www.richviewguesthouse.com/rates.html

Seems to be a decent place. Only warning is if your folks dont like to run in stairs, they should let the staff now :-).

The rates are very low, 50 US per night for singles and 65 for couples. Make sure to find out whether or not government tax and service fees are included, there is no info on the website and I believe by law they have to inform you. could add an extra 17 % on to the bill.

Little confusing, they say "European Plan" means no breakfast, all rooms are EP but then they state "free continental breakfast" ?????. European plan in fact means a lighter breakfast, with coffe/tea, bread and jam whilst continental breakfast is the big american version with eggs, sausages etc.

It therefore seems to me that this place is not run by professional hotel folk, but that could also be great ! Send them an email and find out the emails in advance if its important to you, so you dont arrive with false expectations. Also, make sure to reserve/makea reservation for a vehicle because they will need it.

You will not find anything cheaper in SVG I dare say. And if they are visiting people, they will eat with them, spend the days with the relatives and only sleep at the hotel - should be good. Please remember to put a review on TripAdvisor when you return.

SVG
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rich View Guesthouse- St. Vincent

Oh, and please visit the website if not so for the amusing music. They play the final song from the movie Dirty Dancing, the big dance finale song, not so caribbean :-) but very funny.

But one warning though, they are NOT 5 minutes away from a beach you want to visit which they proclaim. And to walk into the city takes 15-20 minutes. And in June the weather would kill you, nobody wants to walk around. And I strongly recommend to rent a vehicle.

AND make sure there is an aircondition in the room!!! They will probably charge you extra for that, so find out in advance. In june there are no cool places in SVG.

london,
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rich View Guesthouse- St. Vincent

I think it is important to have Transportation in that area if you need to get around. Be prepared to pay about $15-$20 EC dollars for a single taxi journey to Kingstown.

Yes, definitely ask about air conditioning it's vital!

Usual things

- insect repellant for house and skin (try not to use perfumed soap it atttracts them more - coal tar or simple soap is good).

- Drink plenty of water - The local Mountain Top bottled water is very good. It's cheaper to buy the biggest bottle rather than the small ones. You could refill smaller ones as long as they are thorough cleaned.

- Take several cotton cloths/muslin cloths with you - they're good for wiping the sweat of your face off in the heat.

- Take a torch just incase the electricity goes.

- Thoroughly enjoy yourself and take lots of pictures.

5. Re: Rich View Guesthouse- St. Vincent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kingstown
More Kingstown Topics