We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buccument Bay

Gillingham, kent...
Level Contributor
221 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Buccument Bay

Not posted here for ages, because we visited in April & did enjoy it, but have kept an eye on all the debates, just booked a week in Barbados in October, then 2 days later, get an e mail flyer from hayes & jarvis offering a week at BB, all inc with Virgin flights for......

£1499.00.. makes you wonder, !!!!!

bhp
UK
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buccument Bay

'£1499.00.. makes you wonder, !!!!!'

Not really, they have been offering very heavily discounted rates - especially in low season - since the beginning. We know that this is only possible because the resort is being hugely subsidized - the sustainability of this business model is of course open to question along with so much else about the resort and the parent company.

re the 'debate' - this of course is much reduced as just about every website in anyway critical has been closed down. Even straight reporting seems to be being censored, I see that the SVG Express http://citvnewsupdate.com has now disappeared shortly after reporting two stories about Harlequin. One reported on the investors who are suing Buccament Bay and the other reported news that some of the SVG companies might be struck off.

If there is a connection between these events and the website disappearance we shall probably never know but given past events it seems likely.

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buccument Bay

I have received a weekly email from Blue Bay travel offering Buccament Bay for £1539 for over a year now. The first time I received the email I was interested then I started to read the TA forum, many posts have been deleted and many reviews written by investors, so now I just delete the emails.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buccument Bay

Amazing value offers but are these driving masses of people to the resort?

I have just looked at the photographs that guests have loaded into this website and it is like a game of Where's Wally except it should be called "Spot the Tourist". Where is everyone? As I looked at the photographs I had the soundtrack of the swirling wind that accompanies the rolling tumbleweed on movies

Edited: 2:52 am, September 11, 2012
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buccument Bay

99% of the posts I have read about BB had been somewhat about controversial issues surrounding the legitimate business practices of the management. It seems as though there are a range of issues judging from the rate of personal expressions and complaints on a whole. Personally I’d be weary of using their services.

5. Re: Buccument Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent