We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Rivers and Las Canas

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Two Rivers and Las Canas

Help!!

Has anyone out there invested in properties in either of the above mentioned through Harlequin. I'm getting seriously worried about my money! Has anyone invested in Buccament Bay through Harlequin and are now benefitting from their property.

Any answers would be of some benfit, I'd like to be able to sleep again!!

1. Re: Two Rivers and Las Canas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:45 pm, December 08, 2016
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Rivers and Las Canas

Thanks for your advice and I have already started to make enquiries. I was told that a lot of these forums are written by people who are in competion with Harlequin, that's why there is a lot of negative issues! As you say who are we to say if the information is accurate.

A lot of these people are complaining about the completion dates, well personally whilst I agree it's annoying, but as long as I get the benefits later even if it is two years later, better late than never I say!

I have googled the problems and it was quite scarry, that's why I stared this forum. One person said that a solictor in the uk wouldn't touch it because the contracts were Carribbean, don't know if this is the case.

Anyway thanks for your time writing, I'm just praying that things will work out and I can start sleeping again!

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Rivers and Las Canas

Secretary1958, I think you need to decide whether you want to hear whatever news will help you sleep or whether you want to dig around for the truth.

I'm sure the truth lies somewhere between the published information from Harlequin and the more extreme negative posts you find here and in other places.

There are lots of reasonable questions that you could put directly to Harlequin and ask for direct answers. I'm not taking about any wild conspiracy theory type issues that can easily fly around when there is an absence of reliable information. For example, it is a statement of fact that Harlequin Management Services (South East) Ltd (trading as Harlequin Property) filed their audited accounts several months late last year. This is not some minor slip like forgetting to reorder paperclips for the stock cupboard. Filing accurate accounts on time is one of the directors' primary responsibilities and the government takes it so seriously that late filing is a criminal offence and, if the DPP so chose, the directors of such a company could be prosecuted. Not only were the accounts late but the auditor felt it necessary to draw to the public's attention that the information provided by Harlequin was not sufficient for them to know important details such as the opening balance at the start of the accounting period.

It doesn't really matter whether you're a fan of Harlequin or not, an investor or a competitor. There are certain facts in the public domain that any interested party has a right to know.

I'm not saying that there is anything untoward about the Harlequin accounts. For all we know the accountant might have been at fault (still no excuse for late filing though because that is always the directors' fault). Wherever the issue lies there is a very reasonable question to answer and an investor would be entitled to expect a straight reply.

By the way, the accounts for the year ending March 2011 are late as well. They should have been filed by 31 December 2011 and, at the time of writing they are not showing as filed - they could have been sent to Companies House but in the system I suppose.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two Rivers and Las Canas

Thanks for your information regarding the accounts especially, that has started me thinking as to why Harlequin suddenly stopped paying our small loan plus interest that they had promised and because we didn't notice until 10 months later they will not pay it, but have offered to just pay the interest. We were told that if we had informed them two months after they ceased payment we would have been alright, just doesn't make sense!

We are not going to accept this and are going to take it futher, I wonder what the auditors found???

Chester, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Two Rivers and Las Canas

Yes i have invested in Buccament Bay and also a SIPP investment in Las Canas. I too am getting concerned but have been reassured that the delay with Buccament bay is purely to do with the Airport taking longer than expected to complete. I am attending one of the investor meetings at the beginning of Feb and have lots of questions to ask !! I was expecting by now to have had the initial deposit returned and have to have started to receive the room share income as promised ! The place does look amazing and i hope for mine and al the other investors that Harlequin haven't taken us for a ride !!

World
Level Contributor
974 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two Rivers and Las Canas

The Government is now saying the target date for the airport is the end of 2013 so 23 months from now.

7. Re: Two Rivers and Las Canas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:45 pm, December 08, 2016
Edited: 1:45 pm, December 08, 2016
Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Two Rivers and Las Canas

Sunnydaze123 are you able to tell us when and where the investors forum is to be held? There are lots of investors who would like to ask a question or two and I don't think they all know about this opportunity.

Edited: 3:33 am, January 27, 2012
Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Two Rivers and Las Canas

Sorry - double posted by mistake.

Edited: 3:47 am, January 27, 2012
bhp
UK
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Two Rivers and Las Canas

sunnydaze123 - if you enter Argyle into the search box you will find a number of threads relating to the new airport development. Even a quick reading of a few posts will make you aware that this project is also very controversial.

I won't rehash all of the issues as they have been fully discussed previously, but you might want to have the following in mind when asking your questions of Harlequin.

Is there any evidence that carriers have already given any kind of undertaking that they will service SVG once the airport is operational? If not why isn't there a Plan B, as quite obviously without airlift capacity BB will never be able to operate in profit (and owning two elderly nine seat aircraft does not constitute a viable airlift capacity!) The delays to the completion of the airport have been known for several years now so an alternative plan should already be in place.

Also bear in mind that the resort on Canouan is now under its 4th or 5th ownership ( I've lost track) and that even with an existing international airport capable of landing large jets on the island, and minutes from the resort, no one has managed to make a success of that project.

Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent