We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we rent a car for the day?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Can we rent a car for the day?

We are staying on Bequia and visiting beautiful St. Vincent for the day. We would very much like to drive to some falls or possibly see the volcano. We will arrive via the ferry....is there a car rental company near the ferry dock that we could rent a car just for the day.? Thanks so much.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,041 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we rent a car for the day?

I would suggest hiring a driver for the day. There are many lovely places to go and see....some are a bit "intimidating" for a "visitor". Add a local guide or friend to the picture and it's a great time! While I feel safe on most of the mainland, I would not wander too far from the beaten track on my own. I use Tremblar Taxi on the mainland. Ask at your lodgings or your taxi driver on bequia for a suggestion and they can easily set up a fantastic day for you. The roads are not the best for someone unfamiliar with huge potholes and dropoffs on St Vincent, coupled with the possiblity of crime against tourists it's just not worth going it on your own imo. Take a guide and you should be just fine.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we rent a car for the day?

Thanks for the advice, we are planning to get a local guide/driver. Thanks again. kim and bob

3. Re: Can we rent a car for the day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 01, 2011
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent