We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Day St. Vincent

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Day St. Vincent

My Mom & Dad will be on a Cruise in October and have a stop in St. Vincent. They are interested in a nice beach with a chair and an umbrella to just hang out. My Dad will most likely swim in the ocean. A pool would be a plus. Is there any day passes that fit their needs?? Local public beaches?? My Mom does not drink so all inclusive would be a waste of money for them. Need to know the best way for them to travel also. Local transportation or Taxi??. They are 80 & 81 but can still get around fairly well.

World
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Day St. Vincent

St. Vincent is not really known for its beaches. For that, most people head for the smaller islands of the Grenadines.

Depending on their budget, your parents could find what they want at Beachcombers (low end) or Young Island resort (high end). In either place, the price of admission would be having lunch and drink or two (soft drinks are fine). If going to Young Island, it would be best to make a lunch reservation so they know to expect you. Both are located in the Villa area, about 10-15 minutes taxi from the cruise dock. Young Island is accessed by its own little mini-ferry - crossing takes about a minute or two.

If they have a good long day in port, then they might be able to take the ferry over to Bequia (one hour each way) and spend the day hanging out at Lower Bay beach.

2. Re: Cruise Day St. Vincent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, January 24, 2011
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent