We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting there

Barrington, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Getting there

Would like to start planning a winter trip to St. Vincent but having trouble figuring out how to get there from the U.S. East Coast....Boston....NY. What is the best and cheapest connection? Can't see any flights from Puerto Rico. Also St. Vincent does not seem to be a package deals or charter trip destination. Maybe I'm searching through the wrong airlines. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

World
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting there

Others will give you more specific advice about coming from Boston but, as a rule, the most convenient way to get to Bequia is to go to Barbados and then take SVG Air ($$$) direct to Bequia. Alternately, from Barbados, you can take LIAT ($) to St Vincent and the one hour ferry to Bequia. No charter or package deals come to these islands. It's one of the charms.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting there

St Vincent will have no charters or package deals. Current airport is a way too small. And no real resort type hotels.

Fly to just about anywhere major in the Caribbean. Like San Juan, Grenada, Barbados, Trinidad. Then take LIAT to St Vincent.

http://www.liatairline.com/

LIAT is often referred to as "Luggage in Another Terminal" or "Leaving the Islands Any Time". I have never had a problem but others sometimes do.

What are your plans for while in St Vincent?

Barrington, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting there

Thanks so much for the info. Still working on what to do when we get there. We have lots of options from what I have read. Will see after we fiture out how much it will costs us to get there.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
Level Contributor
831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting there

You can fly American. There always an early morning flight (between 5:15 and 6am) from Boston to Barbados via either JFK or Maimi. You'll get to Babados around 2pm and then you can take Liat direct to St. Vincent.

You can also get there via San Juan, but I'm not positive on times for that one.

We always travel American, leaving Boston around 5:30am via Miami and have never been delayed.

Barrington, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting there

Thank you. That's very helpful. I was hoping I would not have to go out out NY.

Dallas
Level Contributor
156 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting there

I always go through Barbados. There are three options to get to SV from Barbados (Liat, Grenadines air, SVG). I was stuck on San Juan once and had to charter a flight when Liat cancelled their flights. Having all your eggs in the Liat basket at this point is not a good idea. Thats my two bits.

7. Re: Getting there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, July 28, 2010
8. Re: Getting there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, September 20, 2010
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,897 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting there

Where on St Vincent? Do you have a website? You can send me a PM so that Trip Advisor does not delete it. Self Promo is not allowed.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting there

Please PM with website info.

Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent