We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good place for children

UK
Level Contributor
443 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
A good place for children

Having just returned from SVG we are keen to return, this time with the children (10yrs). We stayed at PSV which was wonderful but not a place for my children. We'd like nice accommodation, a lovely beach, fishing, snorkelling etc but not a ritzy Raffles hotel type place. The children would welcome others to hang out with. Someone mentioned some cottages in Carricou but I can't' find any info.Any suggestions would be welcome.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A good place for children

It might be because you have misspelt the name, it is Carriacou. There are a small number of hotels and B&Bs on listed Tripadvisor.

UK
Level Contributor
443 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A good place for children

Thanks Dickie. I did look on the Carriacou pages but could not find the accommodation I was looking for. It's an inn/guest house with 'Ginger bread' houses on a point somewhere on the island. I think I was told it's run by an English/Danish couple. Do you know it?

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A good place for children

Sorry no I don't as I have never been to the island. I suggest that you post on the Carriacou or Grenada forums. Good luck.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A good place for children

We spent a week at PSV in January and I'd definitely second the opinion that PSV is not for kids. Its a sit back and do nothing resort. Few if any kid friendly activities especially after dark.

uk
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A good place for children

These are probably the cottages you are looking for. They are owned by an English/Danish couple. Haven't stayed there though as we went to St Vincent and Bequia instead.

http://www.carriacoucottages.com/

UK
Level Contributor
443 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A good place for children

That's the ones, thank you.

7. Re: A good place for children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent and the...