We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

St. Vincent
3 posts
Save Topic
Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

Share your charter experience with Tradewinds in St Vincent and the Grenadines!

Edited: 8:13 pm, November 14, 2012
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1 post
48 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

This was an amazing trip. It was our 3rd charter with Tradewinds. This trip really encompasses true sailing along with real island life. At times it felt like we were snorkeling and diving in an aquarium. The sea life was exquisite - big and some very friendly and funny.

Andre and Liezl, Captain and First Mate, were awesome. We caught a tuna in route to Tobago Cays and had sashimi for Captains Hour. It doesn’t get much better than that!

Pictures cannot capture the stunning views and scenery. My favorite sea creature are the turtles and we got to swim with them and watch them feed – a moment I will never forget.

We’ve been fortunate enough to travel to several Caribbean islands and each one different. I highly recommend this area as must see at some point in time. If you are a diver, the wall dive we did off of Bequia was gorgeous!

Next up is Guadeloupe and we cannot wait.

You don’t need to pack much – swimsuits, cover ups, a few shorts/sundresses and a pair of flip flops (and maybe a second pair if your husband steps on the back of your foot and breaks yours…) Not to worry, I found a pair in Mustique and made him buy them for me!

A sailing adventure like this where you don’t have to do anything or you can help if you wish is by far the best vacations we have ever taken – so relaxing. For those that are worried about being cramped on a boat with people you don’t know – no need to worry. There are plenty of places to sit and enjoy your quiet time or join in conversation with others. You can swim, snorkel, dive, read a book, kayak, paddleboard or just chill out and do nothing. Each couple has a stateroom and private bath. I guarantee you will make lasting friendships and you will cry when you have to leave at the end of the trip.

Brenda and Randy from Missouri

Mission Viejo...
1 post
Save Reply
52. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

in July we went on our first tradewinds chartered trip with friends: club members and 2 other couples. We did not know what to excpect as this was our first trip pf this kind. We were under the care of Savannah and John. They were phenominal! Captain John and his first mate Savannah treated up like we were royalty. The food, sailing, snorkeling, tours of amazing islands were beyoind our dreams. We were relaxed and able to enjoy our friends we came with. I highly reccommend this to a group of 8-10 close friends, PERFECT!

Savannah's cooking was fantatic and John was a great captain. We had many laughs and made new friends with them too!! HIGHLY RECCOMMEND!!!

California, United...
1 post
Save Reply
53. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

Highly recommended! We had an amazing time! We hired the whole boat with 3 other couples. Of course, the Caribbean was beautiful. They took us to some breathtaking spots--beautiful, warm water. The diving was AMAZING--it was like they stocked the place with fish just so people could dive there. Every day was a new stop, and we got off the boat to explore the islands at almost every stop. The people there were all very friendly!

Our captain was John and Savannah was first mate/cook. They took great care of us and made sure we had the best experience possible. The food was amazing! I seriously have no idea how Savannah prepared gourmet food in that small boat kitchen. John let the people who wanted to sail the boat and taught us the ins and outs of the boat. They really made the trip fun. They must have done this 100 times, but they seemed to have as much fun as we did.

They would usually put out an afternoon snack and mixed drinks. Drinks were unlimited and always plentiful and cold, which was nice! We also brought some of our own snacks to pass around.

We got what I guess was one of the "low-end" boats, but I thought it was great. Each of the 4 couples had their own room with bathrooms/showers. We loved sitting on the front of the boat and bouncing through the waves. It had a table out back where we all ate. The boat was well-maintained and clean.

Fun tip: Savannah bought my ukulele off me so if you get John and Savannah make sure you ask her to bust it out for a sing-along. :)

Austin, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
54. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

We have just returned in the last ten days from a Trade winds charter with Mike and Kelly. We left from St Vincent and travelled around the islands.

I must admit I was a little worried about the trip because I had never done this before, my partner and I are gay and we read some worrisome reviews and we worried about the close quarters.

EVERYTHING about the trip was out of this world! Mike (Captain) and Kelly (first mate) made everyday seem like a day in paradise. The weather was amazing, the location, the service from both Kelly and Mike and then all of the meals that were prepared were fantastic.

The areas where we anchored were all uniquely different but so beautiful. We got to visit the islands and walk around quite a bit.

If you are going to go on this trip you will have the most fantastic time and i am sincerely jealous of you. If you are thinking about going... DO IT!

My only suggestion would be if you are booking travel stay away from Liat airlines. To say they were horrible in every single way would be giving them a compliment.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

We had an amazing week on board 'Jo' with Ilan and Shani from 10-17 Aug. Five couples (including the crew) who had never met before thrown together on a 50ft boat - and it worked! Right from the outset, the whole experience was relaxed, friendly and just what we had hoped for. Ilan is an experienced and patient Yachtmaster and a superb dive instructor; Shani is a magician in the tiny galley and they make a great team. The catamaran was well equipped and surprisingly spacious; stable, fast and comfortable when at sea too.

What we really loved about this trip was the intimate personal tour of the beautiful Grenadines. No crowds, deserted beaches and the crew's inside knowledge to get us to the best spots at the right time. Highlights have to be snorkeling with the turtles in the Tobago Cays, the wreck dive on Bequia and the Caribbean sunsets.

Are there any downsides? Tradewinds is obviously keen to expand its membership so there is a fair amount of sales pitch through the week. Would that deter us from coming back? Absolutely not! We were happy to buy in to membership and can't wait for our next trip! We would love to sail the Grenadines again but we are also keen to try other islands too. One thing is certain - if we get the chance to sail with Ilan and Shani again, we'll be there for Operation Crustacean 2!!!

Grafton, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
56. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

I just got back from a Tradewinds trip in St. Vincent and the Grenadines and it was absolutely outstanding! The itinerary was perfect and the perfect pace -- snorkeling each day in beautiful coves, swimming with sea turtles, visiting off-the-beaten-path islands, bonfires, great hikes, and of course exceptionally delicious food. Captain Mike and First Mate Kelly were also incredible -- they were so upbeat, accommodating, helpful and always one step ahead meeting all our needs. I loved sailing with them! I loved the trip so much that I bought a membership to Tradewinds on the spot. For anyone seeking adventure, great memories and a really exception experience, this is the trip for you! I cannot recommend it more highly.

57. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 07, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

I just got back from a Tradewinds trip in St. Vincent and the Grenadines and it was absolutely fabulous! The itinerary was perfect and the perfect pace -- snorkeling most days in beautiful coves, diving a few times is pristine waters, swimming with sea turtles, visiting many off-the-beaten-path islands, some with only a single palm tree in the sand, bonfires, great hikes. Kelly's food was incredible, almost looks too good to eat!! Captain Mike and First Mate Kelly were wonderful -- they were fun but professional, helpful and always one step ahead meeting all our desires. I loved sailing with them! I highly recommend this experience, it is not to be missed.

59. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 07, 2013
60. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

Removed on: 3:10 am, October 07, 2013
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent and the...