We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tradewinds cruise club

Boston...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tradewinds cruise club

We just returned from a week on a catamaran with Tradewinds.We did it as a timeshare exchange with RCI. This was an amazing trip. We were on the Passion with Captain Dirk, who is excellent in all ways, a great sailor, dive captain and person. First mate Johanna is a great chef, mate, as well as a wonderful person. We felt lucky to have spent a week with such a wonderful crew. The cat was just as we expected. The public area was nice and cabins were ok, very small and functional, which is what you expect on a sail boat, think of it as camping in a travel trailer at sea! The food was excellent, above expectations and served with a smile by Johanna. The Grenadines were amazing! Some of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean and we have seen most of them. The water was crystal clear, great snorkeling and beautiful beaches. Tobago Cays is breathtaking and swimming with the sea turtles was great!

Were were lucky to have 3 other couples on board who were great fun and we all felt like family by the end of the trip.

There is a sales pitch to join the club, but it was fairly short and low pressure. Two of the 4 couples on board did sign on. We might have also but we already own time share in Aruba and with kids in college, finiancially it was just not in the cards.

If you are looking for a mega cruise ship type trip, this is not for you but if you are up for a sailing adventure, with great food, beautiful scenery, I would highly recommend Tradewinds.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Tobago Cays
Tobago Cays
324 Reviews
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tradewinds cruise club

Hi

Thanks for letting us know how your trip went we are due to fly out in 6 weeks we are two couples and really looking forward to it.

Did you have any divers or fishermen on your trip ? My husband dives and my Nephew in law is a fisherman .

Glad to hear the boat was good ,this may seem like a silly question but how are the showers and was there plenty of fresh water? We went on a safari in Tanzania a couple of years ago and I refused to camp as I hate not having a shower every morning :+) Of course it is to late now what ever the answer is !

Did you get to go ashore often?and is there anything you would say is a must on any of the islands .

Glad to hear that the food was good,we will take snacks with us as I am a awful fussy eater I love salads and fish so I am sure I will not starve.

Sorry for all the question and thank you for telling us about your trip

rkaty

Mentioned in this post
Boston...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tradewinds cruise club

We did have 2 divers on board and I believe they did 2 dives. I think one was on a reef and the second was on a wreck. No fisherman but the captain did put 2 lines out when we had longer sails. There were 2 types of cabins, one pair had a better showers.. a separate stall, the other 2 had a combo toilet, sink, shower all in one. There was enough water and it was warm, but they do need to conserve, so a quick shower is recommended. There were several stops on islands, we did a tour on Mustique which was good and we also went to Happy Island (off of Union Island) which is just a bar but was really fun..google it, it has been featured on several travel shows. Bequia was great, we went into town, snorkeled over a reef and wreck and also had beach time. The food really was great! Do not bring a lot of clothes, they are serious when they say pack light! You live in a bathing suit and shorts. I did bring 1 sundress and wore it when we had dinner on shore but nice shorts or capris would be fine also. Have fun!!!

Mentioned in this post
Mustique
Mustique
Union Island
Union Island
Bequia
Bequia
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tradewinds cruise club

Thank you so much for you reply a shower with warm water will do me.

I have Just had a quick look at Happy Island on U tube it looks fun.

We are stopping in Barbados the night before we fly to St Vincent so we are considering leaving a case at our hotel as we will be returning there for two weeks after the trip in the Grenadines . I am not great at packing light so I will try really hard to only take what I need .My niece and I love to snorkel so will be in bathing suits most of the time,the guys always live in swimmers and shorts so they will be not be packing much .

Did you spend much?as we have no idea how much spending money to take,we are going to change some money into e c dollars at the airport in Barbados and we will also have $US as well as a back up,we just do not want to carry to much money if we do not need it .

thanks again we are so looking forward to some sunshine

rkaty

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
St. Vincent
St. Vincent
4. Re: Tradewinds cruise club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 03, 2013
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent and the...