We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condition of the TOBAGO CAYS reef after Hurricane INAV

Orange Park, Florida
Level Contributor
68 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Condition of the TOBAGO CAYS reef after Hurricane INAV

First of all, my sypathies to all those in the Grenadines that are suffering from the aftermath of hurricane Ivan.

My partner and I were palnning on spending about a week on Union Island and Bequia with at least a couple of snorkle trips over to the Glorious Tabago Cays. Does anyone know the conditon of the reef there for snorkeling after IVAN? THX

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Condition of the TOBAGO CAYS reef after Hurricane INAV

Yes all is fine here the reef did not suffer and the beaches in Bequia actually had more sand deposited on them so look even better - if possible!

Orange Park, Florida
Level Contributor
68 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condition of the TOBAGO CAYS reef after Hurricane INAV

I have returned from St vincent and took a day sail from bequia down through the grenadines to Tobago Cays. The coral reef and islands are indeed pretty,with clean white sand beaches and very blue water.

The snorkeling however was disappointing,compared to The VIrgin Islands and say Australia. I found the variety of corals, both hard and soft to be rather limited.SOme beautiful and colorful fish though and any damage seemed quite limited from IVAN.