We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June-July weather with a teenager

Seattle
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
June-July weather with a teenager

I am planning on travelling to Nevis in June and July but just read that the highest rain fall on record occurred in June last year and the year before in St. Lucia. Is this a really bad time to go to the Caribbean. I know you can't predict weather but boy, I don't want to be on an island with squall winds with my 18 year old. I love her but she might whine alot. We live in Seattle and we have enough rain.

Thanks for any help with this.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June-July weather with a teenager

St. Lucia is a far different island than Nevis and it is quite a distance away so what happens weatherwise on St. Lucia has no bearing on Nevis. June is a relatively dry month on Nevis. While there is a good chance there will be rain it usually comes in the form of very brief and very localized showers. It's not unusual for it to rain on one part of the island and there be bright sun 1/4 mile away. Really in June the weather is usually not an issue. Bring plenty of sunblock and leave your umbrella at home.

Seattle
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: June-July weather with a teenager

It's a great feeling to leave the umbrellas behind - thanks for your input. Maybe you can understand the sensitivity given our address - Seattle. Thanks again. This is good news.

Kama'aina Wannabe...
Level Contributor
334 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June-July weather with a teenager

Hi, I had the same concern, and i expect some rain, but not too bad. When will you and your teen be there? We are staying at Nisbet Plantation from June 16-23 and have a teen girl also, age 17 and a little one, age 5. Maybe we'll see you on Pinney's Beach! Just out of curiosity, why did you pick Nevis over Hawaii, living on the West Coast. Perhaps you've already been to Hawaii? We love Hawaii, but are looking for something closer to home as we live on the East Coast.

4. Re: June-July weather with a teenager

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, August 27, 2009