We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling -- New York to Nevis (Four Seasons)

New York
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Traveling -- New York to Nevis (Four Seasons)

I hate flying. I am trying to figure out the best route to Nevis. Would like the shortest overall travel time on the least scary planes. Also, it seems like most flights arrive in afternoon - looking for something that arrives in morning/early afternoon and leaves early afternoon on the return. If those that have been could tell me their itinerary and what airline would greatly appreciate!

Mentioned in this post
Nevis
Nevis
St. Kitts and Nevis
Nevis
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling -- New York to Nevis (Four Seasons)

From New York the easiest way would be San juan-Nevis on American eagle. The flight lands in the afternoon though about 4ish.

Mentioned in this post
Nevis
Nevis
St. Kitts and Nevis
Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,393 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling -- New York to Nevis (Four Seasons)

As CalyspoBarNevis says the best (and quickest) way from New York is to fly American Airlines to San Juan than catch the American Eagle flight to Nevis. You only other alternative is to fly to St. Martin than catch a Winair flight to Nevis (warning the Winair flight is on a much smaller plane).

You won't arrive on Nevis until late in the afternoon (depending on the time of year that can mean anywhere between 3PM and 5:30PM). For the return flight you'll have to leave the island around 7AM (it's the only AE flight out for most of the year) inorder to get back to NY on the same day. In peak season they sometimes offer a later flight that leaves Nevis around 3PM but if you are not going during that particular limited period you'll have to leave early in the morning unless you charter your own flight.

To put things in perspective if you leave NY (assuming you mean NYC) around 7AM you don't arrive in San Juan until around Noon. Depending on the time of year there are only one or two flights to Nevis and they depart SJU between around 2PM and 4PM so it is impossible to get there any earlier than 3PM (even if you choose to overnight in San Juan unless you charter your own plane - read expensive).

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Nevis
Nevis
St. Kitts and Nevis
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,757 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling -- New York to Nevis (Four Seasons)

For the fun of it, I checked flights from BOS to NEV for tomorrow, return next week.

Seems as though the afternoon flight from San Juan to Nevis is at 4:00 on American Eagle. Returning, you can leave Nevis at 7:00 am or 1:30 pm, this time of year. (Last March our flight from Nevis left at 3 or 3:30.)

The good news is that the airport in Nevis is small, so there is no confusion, no endless long lines, and minimal fuss.

Enjoy.

Ting

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Nevis
Nevis
St. Kitts and Nevis
New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling -- New York to Nevis (Four Seasons)

I am traveling from NYC-Nevis this Saturday (8/26) and I am going NYC-San Juan-Nevis. I am taking an American Eagle flight that leaves San Juan at 11:45am and arrives 1pm in Nevis. On the return my flight leaves at 1:36. As someone posted earlier there is also a flight back to San Juan that leaves very early morning.

Mentioned in this post
Nevis
Nevis
St. Kitts and Nevis
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
5. Re: Traveling -- New York to Nevis (Four Seasons)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Nevis