We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks for the advice

Which Nevis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
615 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks for the advice

just returned from a wonderful week in Nevis. i followed this forum for the previous 6 months. I learned a lot and appreciated everyone's input especially tfrom CaribSurfer. This was a vacation i will never forget.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,054 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks for the advice

Would love to hear some details from your trip.

Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
615 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks for the advice

I went to Hamilton college in New York and have always been interested in Hamilton as thus Nevis. i am not a very adventerous traveler. as a surgeon, I run around all day, so vacation is alot of reading and sitting. that said, I spent a week at the Four Seasons Resort. transfer was quite smooth. the forum participants were right that the border entry was quick and smooth. Boat ride from St. kitts was very cool. nice views of both islands. Got a second floor ocean view room. Great views of the shoreline and the sunset. Ate at all the 4S places. Loved the coral Grill--fresh seafood and steaks. Prices are like New York and Honolulu. I am a bourbon drinker and found that they only charged 9 dollars for a mixed drink--cheaper than a lot of places in the US. Mango was also very interesting. It was less expensive than Coral Grill and right on the water. Their specialty was ribs. They were tasty as was the pork tenderloin. Stayed mainly at the adult pool which was true to advertising very quiet. Sunshines bar down the beach was fun and less money than the hotel for food and drinks. Rooms at 4s were nicely appointed and large with all the usual amenities. I really liked the people of Nevis. they were genuinely friendly. It was not a phoney be nice to people spending money attitude. they were very interested in the US and our lifestyle. they were very forthcoming about the good and the bad of living on an island with 12,000 folks. Many had a fascination with Walmart and its prices. I met at least 5 employees of the hotel who vacationed in Florida specifically to stock up at Walmart. I guess Target has a bit of work to do in Nevis. I'd say as a gay couple we were received warmly. no issues butwe are a low key couple. It was a great trip and I am bound to return.

Edited: 2:56 pm, April 09, 2014
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,054 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the report. I think as you do, that the people on Nevis are genuinely friendly and warm and that is one of the appealing aspects of the island. That's funny about Walmart but I can understand how amazing if must seem after trying to shop on island with limited selection. Approaching Nevis by water is a nice way to ease into vacation mode. When we go, we stay at the Hermitage. Next time you visit, go to their West Indian buffet/pig roast on Wednesdays. Lots of great food and a relaxing atmosphere.

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
498 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks for the advice

Thanks for sharing..we're headed to Nevis for the 1st time next February.....can't wait!

5. Re: Thanks for the advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Nevis