We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

Which Nevis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville, FL
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

We plan to visit Nevis soon and we are wondering about where is the best place to stay, and recommendations on the best places to dine.

Our preferences: Air conditioning (we're staying on another island at the moment and although the tropical breezes are very nice, we miss air-conditioning to help us sleep at night). King or Queen size bed. A real bath tub instead of just a shower. A private porch or balcony. Good friendly service. Great food. Internet service available in the room (wireless hi-speed preferably). My husband likes watching TV, so a TV in the room would be nice (but is not necessary).

We did not bring dress-up clothes as we come to the Caribbean to relax, not dress up - are we OK with chinos and no jacket (for husband) and slacks outfit for me even at the Montpelier?

Any advice/recommendations would be very much appreciated as to where to stay, where to dine, where to go for horseback riding, where to get a good feel for the island from a Nevisian viewpoint, etc.

Thanks!

Nevis
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

We've got a lot of cloud and rain today but have had some great weather. About one wet day in 6 over the last couple of weeks. Apparently there's a three day depression heading our way but should be clear for next week.

I'm sure you'll have a great stay, rain or shine.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

We had scattered showers today Tuesday, it is a bit over cast, but warm. This is a perfect day to do an island tour or other type stuff. The water is about 81F. Our bay had a bit of movement, but not nothing to write home about.(Oualie is usually glass) I'm not sure what it will be like by Saturday as the weather changes very quickly here. I will try to remember to post Friday and give you an idea. But don't worry about it you'll have fun if you put your mind to it. ;)

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,853 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

To Jnash - it's been a little cloudy today and there were some showers up on the mountain around noon time (lasted about 10 minutes) but other than that it's typical tropical weather. There's no way anyone can give you any accurate prediction about the weather for next week other than to say it will be "tropical". This time of year you can expect mostly sunny skies, some clouds (usually clustered around the top of Mount Nevis), occasional brief and very localized showers (not unusual for it to be raining in one area and bright sun 1/4 mile away). Really, unless you are prepared to cancel your trip on short notice you shouldn't worry about the weather, you can control it. The odds are in your favor but you are dealing with mother nature so there are no guarantees.

Nashville, TN
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

Thanks everyone - I really appreciate the responses. I am sure that the weather predictions are hardly accurate as I assume it changes a lot. We are so looking forward to the trip and cannot wait. Thanks so much!

15. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:40 am, September 22, 2006
16. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 16, 2009