We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

Gainesville, FL
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

We plan to visit Nevis soon and we are wondering about where is the best place to stay, and recommendations on the best places to dine.

Our preferences: Air conditioning (we're staying on another island at the moment and although the tropical breezes are very nice, we miss air-conditioning to help us sleep at night). King or Queen size bed. A real bath tub instead of just a shower. A private porch or balcony. Good friendly service. Great food. Internet service available in the room (wireless hi-speed preferably). My husband likes watching TV, so a TV in the room would be nice (but is not necessary).

We did not bring dress-up clothes as we come to the Caribbean to relax, not dress up - are we OK with chinos and no jacket (for husband) and slacks outfit for me even at the Montpelier?

Any advice/recommendations would be very much appreciated as to where to stay, where to dine, where to go for horseback riding, where to get a good feel for the island from a Nevisian viewpoint, etc.

Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
8,096 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

What's your budget for food and lodging? Take a look at www.nevis1.com. It has links to all the accommodations. If you are planning to be there a week, perhaps a villa rental would be sensible.

ting

2. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 am, September 22, 2006
Basseterre, St...
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

Oaulie Beach Resort might be a good option.

It is a casual resort located on a beautiful beach with all beachfront facing Caribbean style cottages. They have 32 rooms in eleven 1 & 2 storey buildings. The 18 hole golf course is 15 minutes away. They have a dive shop on site and a range of watersports available.

All accommodations have airconditioning, ceiling fan, cable/satellite tv, internet access, inroom safe, iron, balcony or patio, bathroom with shower, hairdryer, coffee/tea maker, mini-frig.

Beachfront rooms have 1 queen or 2 double beds.

Beachfront king rooms have 1 king bed.

They offer friendly service and great food.

You might want to post your question at www.myislands.myeyez.net

Lots of forum members have been to Nevis.

Nevis
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

I would recommend Oualie Beach. Its a very nice beach front cottage style hotel, with a very relaxed atmosphere. All your water sports activities are right on site also. Definately recommend here for the more casual vacation. Plus food good and Tuesday nights are fun with live music for all to join in. Amelia

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

Hello,

In response to your post: Oualie does sound like your cup of tea. I will say that we don't have baths in out rooms, but we are at this time the only hotel with free wireless internet in your rooms and on the beach. All other requirements are met as well.

The dinning on Nevis is great. I did notice a post recently in the forums about dinning on Nevis and I know most will enjoy the dinning experience. Like the poster said it is unfair to compare us with France. Most wine list are geared for the regular dinner and like that poster said Coconut grove have an extensive list.

Most restaurants allow a more casual dress in there restaurants. Nevis is a small island that if you look around and not stay in your hotel area, you will get that Nevisian point of view. Go to the beach bars, like Chevy's and restaurants like Rumors and you will get that feel. On Tuesday nights come sit at Oualie's bar and meet the interesting cast of characters there.

Nevis is magical and different from most islands. It is what you make out of it. It won't try to fool you into believing something else and mask itself with commercial properties and things to do, at least not yet.

Good eating,

Chef Jason

New Jersey
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

My husband and I stayed at Oualie Beach Hotel a few months ago and loved it. The bungalows are very simple, but comfortable. All have air conditioning, screened porch, ceiling fan, fridge, tv (but no bathtub). We don't bring dressy clothes on vacation either! We had really good meals at Oualie, Bananas, Sunshines, Chevys, Golden Rock, Montpelier (jackets not needed) & Coconut Grove (expensive). The island is very small. We rented a car and drove around the island exploring all of the scenic/historic points. The rental co. provided a map with points of interest & it is easy to find your way around. Nevis is beautiful and the people are wonderful and very helpful. Enjoy your travels!

Nevis
Level Contributor
259 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

Nisbet Plantation ticks every one of those boxes.

AC, King size beds, tub, screened porch, wireless internet, TV and great food. Chinos and no jacket are OK but no jeans or shorts. They also have terrific sea views with sea breezes and the staff are fantastic. For room specs look at: www.nisbetplantation.com

We fell in love with the island and are now building our own villa here. After trying a lot of the hotels we love Montpelier and Hermitage but Nisbet is our favourite.

Assonet, MA, U.S.
Level Contributor
38 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

My vote goes to the Mt.Nevis Hotel& Beach Club. Have a look at their website to get an idea. It is not a beachfront property but having said that, we are serious beach and in-the-ocean-whenever-possible kind of people and we will stay at the Mt.Nevis every time. Wonderful accomodations, one of the best restaurants in the island, super friendly staff, it is a family owned/run resort. The beach is a 5 minute drive down the hill....and you may very likely have the beach to yourself......but just a few steps away, Belinda will sell you a cold Carib or a rum punch. Oh...and chinos will do it for dinner at the Mt.Nevis.......and then there's the view from the Mt.Nevis.........

FSU
Florida
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

The Four Seasons and Nesbit Plantation...The absolute Best Places to stay!!! Check your star ratings!

Nashville, TN
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendations for where to stay on Nevis?

My wife and I are travelling to Nevis, staying at the Four Seasons, on saturday and will be there for a week. Is anyone down there currently that can talk about the weather? I know everyone says don't worry about it, but the radar keeps showing clouds all over the area. We are so excited but am praying to have nice weather and just wondered if I could get a bird's eye view. It will be our first trip down there. Thanks!