We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Around Nevis/Weather in November

Which Nevis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY, NY
Level Contributor
76 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Around Nevis/Weather in November

We are thinking of visiting Nevis 11/14-11/21 and I had some basic questions I was hoping someone could answer. We will be traveling with our daughter who will be 12 months old at the time.

1) Getting around: it seems that there are dining options and other sites around the island that would be nice to visit (we are looking to stay at the 4seasons), is it easy to get taxis? and as a side, are there car seat laws in effect? (for example, in nyc there is an exclusion in effect so that I do not need to bring a car seat to have my daughter in a taxi cab). Just want to factor in whether we have to drag around a car seat...

2) Weather: is the weather nice in November? I'm worried about wind and rain...

Thanks in advance!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Around Nevis/Weather in November

1) There are always plenty of taxis waiting at the Four Seasons Resort - you'll have no difficulty getting one. FYI - taxis fares can mount up so if you have budgetary restrictions consider renting a car (theConcierge a the 4S will gladly arrange one for you).

2) There are no car seat laws on Nevis.

You can research general average weather statistics for Nevis at www.weatherbase.com or if you want more detailed historical weather data including what actual DAILY weather conditions were for the last 10 years for any given period go to www.wunderground.com and use the "Trip Planner" .

In general for November you can expect daytime temps in the low to mid 80's F. with plenty of sun and the occasional ubiquitous brief widely scattered shower - it's not unusual for it to rain in one area on the island and be dry and sunny 1/4 mile away. One caveat, November is the tail end of Hurricane Season so there is always a possibility, albeit small, of a tropical storm. If that happens you could have a day or two of unsettled weather - it's impossible to predict.

2. Re: Getting Around Nevis/Weather in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Nevis