We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nevis for a honeymoon?

Which Nevis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Nevis for a honeymoon?

hi

myself and the missis are currently looking at different islands in the carribean for our honeymoon this August and Nevis has caught our eye.

Would people recommend this? - our idea of a good holiday would involve swimming / beaches / good food and an uncrowded location. We were thinking of spending a week in Nevis followed by a week in St. Martiin where we got engaged last summer.

also any tips on airlines? as will be travelling from Ireland which can get pricey !!

thanks

Brian

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nevis for a honeymoon?

Quite a lot of newlyweds come to Nevis for their honeymoon and many come in August. It's "off season" in the Caribbean at that time of year so no matter where you go it won't be very crowded. Nevis is never very crowded even in High Season" so you'll be virtually alone in August.

One thing to consider is some of the restaurants may be closed or have limited hours of operation during August do to the lack of tourists on the island but you won't go hungry as there will still be plenty of places to dine. A few of the resorts and plantation inns may also be closed.

Not sure which airlines will get you to the Caribbean from Ireland but your best bet will be to look at itineraries that will get you to:

1) St. Kitts - British Air has several flights to St. Kitts each week and from there you can take a ferry or water taxi to Nevis. You can then fly to St. Martin on Winair or LIAT for the second phase of your trip.

2) Fly into Antigua where you can catch a LIAT flight to Nevis.

3) Go to San Juan and get a flight to St. Kitts and proceed as in #1 above.

4) Fly to Miami and take an American Airlines flight to St. Kitts and proceed to Nevis as in #1.

Nevis
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nevis for a honeymoon?

CaribSurfer - don't forget the San Juan - Nevis direct flights on American. American announced last week that they intend to continue these 3 times per week.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nevis for a honeymoon?

Nevis Moke - Yes you are right - I forgot to mention they are flying Fridays, Sundays and Wednesdays from SJU to NEV.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nevis for a honeymoon?

thanks folks - think were sold on the idea !

appreciate it

Brian

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
141 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nevis for a honeymoon?

Even though you are already sold on the idea, Brian, I'd like to say I think Nevis would be perfect for a honeymoon. It meets all your wants and the people are warm and friendly. We are going back to Nevis the end of July and I can't wait - beautiful beach, good food, great people.

Nevis
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nevis for a honeymoon?

We have some friends from Dublin who own a villa on Nevis and I often meet them on the BA flight from Gatwick, London.

We had a honeymoon couple staying in our villa last year. They really enjoyed the privacy and peace and quiet. Details are on:

www.vrbo.com/302756

Edited: 6:24 pm, April 04, 2011
Boston...
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nevis for a honeymoon?

My wife and I spent over 2 weeks in Nevis for our honeymoon in August 2008 and loved every minute of it. We were after the exact same things you described in your original message and found just that. We virtually had the island to ourselves yet still had plenty of dining and entertainment options. I recommend the Hermitage for an unforgettable experience. Rent a car from a company that allows you to take it to St Kitts too.

St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nevis for a honeymoon?

We just got back from a week at Hurricane Cove Bungalows for our honeymoon (we got married on our third day on Nevis). Best week of my life, couldn't recommend Nevis more.

9. Re: Nevis for a honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 25, 2012