We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near The Four Seasons

Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near The Four Seasons

We will be staying at the Four Seasons in June and are interested in knowing what our options for dining will be off site and within walking distance. Can anyone recommend the restaurants/bars that we should visit for good food and good fun?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near The Four Seasons

Three beach bars - Sunshine's, Lime and Chevy's are located about 200 yards or so south of the Four Seasons Resort. Double Deuce Beach Bar is located on the same beach about 1/3 of a mile further south. SeaFood Madness is located across the main road from the Double Deuce parking area and Ocean Bistro (at Pinney's Beach Motel) is a stones throw from DD. These are the only places you can eat (besides the on-resort restaurants) that are within a reasonable walking distance of the Four Seasons Resort. You'll need a rental car or taxi if you want to dine anywhere else.

Places NOT within walking distance include:

Yachtsman Grill

Summer Breeze (Indian Food)

Coconut Grove (upscale)

Chrishi Beach (Lunch daily, dinner on Friday)

Gallipot (closed Sunday evening, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays)

Oualie Beach

Sunrise Beach Bar

Pizza Beach (local food)

Nisbet Plantation (upscale)

Mount Nevis Hotel (moderately upscale)

Rumours (local food)

Young's Chinese

Gold Coast Chinese

Tea House Chines

Ole House Cafe (local food)

Water Department BBQ (Friday nights only)

Rodney's (local food)

Pemo's (local food)

Golden Rock Plantation (upscale)

Hermitage Inn (upscale)

Montpelier Plantation (upscale)

Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near The Four Seasons

Thanks! That's very helpful!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near The Four Seasons

Oops! - correction on the name of the Indian restaurant - it's Indian Summer not Summer Breeze.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near The Four Seasons

I think you can walk to Double deuce along the beach. It's a litlle hike. Coconut Grove is a must. I would take a taxi and try one of the many older plantations around the island. Hermitage, Golden Rock, Mionteplier, Nisbett are my first choices.

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
240 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near The Four Seasons

Getting packed for Nevis as we speak....we're planning to dine at a number of the restaurants mentioned above. What is the dress code for the upscale restaurants listed? Can the guys wear bermuda shorts? Do they have to wear collared shirts???

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near The Four Seasons

Shorts won't work in the upscale restaurants, per what i've read (we will be there in May)......khakis preferred.

Charlestown, Nevis
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near The Four Seasons

Coconut Grove restaurant does allow for shorts. Its dress code is open as long as you are clean and comfortable. Coconut Grove considers that you a on vacation and the fancy things must be in the plate.

Call them for more details. 869 469 1020

www.coconutgroverestaurantnevis.com

Charlestown, Nevis
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near The Four Seasons

Coconut Grove restaurant does allow for shorts. Its dress code is open as long as you are clean and comfortable. Coconut Grove considers that you a on vacation and the fancy things must be in the plate.

Call them for more details. 869 469 1020

www.coconutgroverestaurantnevis.com

Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants near The Four Seasons

Heading to 4S in May (it's around the corner!) and "eavesdropping" on the forum's suggestions. Thanks!

My husband and I will be staying close to the hotel for a couple nights and are considering Double Deuce, Lime, and/or Chevy's for Saturday or Sunday. Are these restaurants open for lunch and/or dinner on those days?

We will have a car on Monday and Tuesday so can go a bit further from thehotel. Coconut Grove's menu looks great. Is Coconut Grove closed on Mondays? (Think I read that somewhere... If so that would mean Tuesday for them).

That leaves me with Monday open for suggestions, I guess.

Is Gallipot closed on MOndays? What would be open Monday night that would be a "must go"? Thanks!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants near The Four Seasons

Yes, Double Deuce, Lime and Chevy's are open for lunch and dinner on Saturday's and Sundays. You didn't ask but I'll give you my thoughts - skip Chevy's - we've never had a good meal there and quite frankly just stopped going. For what it's worth very few, if any, of the Ex-pats who live on the island dine there. Replace Chevy's with Sunshine's (it's right next door). Of course, Double Deuce and Lime are both good places.

Pretty sure Coconut Grove is closed on Monday's but do put them down for Tuesday. The chef there does some remarkable things with his dishes. This restaurant has had it's ups and downs since it opened a few years ago but the new chef (he came this past November) is really excellent. Try the lobster burger at lunch -it's superb as is his Foie Gras pate.

Gallipot is only open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays for lunch & dinner and Sundays (at 10AM) for brunch and lunch (starting at noon).

For Monday night consider dining at Mount Nevis Hotel - quite setting and very good food - you won't be disappointed. Also, consider Hermitage for dinner on Monday. It's another favorite of the Ex-Pat community.