We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh Lobster?

Which Nevis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fresh Lobster?

I'm coming down in May and staying at a villa on Nevis. Is there soem place, or some one, I can by fresh lobster from?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fresh Lobster?

For what it is worth lobsters have been in short supply on the island recently. One of the local restaurant owners told me they didn't have any last week and they were only able to get a few this week.

For stuarts24 - You may have difficulty finding a local fisherman who has 6 or 8 "extra" lobsters to sell you. As I said, the fisherman have agreements to sell their catch to the restaurants - on occasion you can get them to sell you one or two but 6 to 8 may be a bit much for them to handle. Remember, their first loyalty will be to the restaurants as that's their regular source of income.

Houston
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Fresh Lobster?

CaribSurfer - I completly understand. I just thought Seaglasses might have had a hook-up for me. As long as I can get some fresh fish, I'll be happy. Lobster would be a bonus.

Seaglasses - Thanks for the tip. I've had Sunshines lobster, other items on his menu, and a bunch of killer bee's on numerious previous trips. It was all great!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Fresh Lobster?

stuarts24 - one more thing - I just focused on the fact you are coming in May. It's somewhat slow on the island at that time of year (tourist wise) so your chances of getting 6 or 8 lobsters could improve dramatically. Of course, it will all depend on how many lobsters Mother Nature allow the fishermen to catch the week or so you are here.

Good luck getting your "lobster fix".

Houston
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Fresh Lobster?

Caribsurfer - Thanks! BTW, in another post somewhere I saw that you were recommending a bar called Lime and was owned by a guy called Randy. Is Randy = Cadillac?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Fresh Lobster?

I know Randy only as "Randy" but that doesn't mean he isn't aka "Cadillac". It's not unusual for the locals to be known by several different names. He worked at Sunshine's for several years before he left (maybe 3 or 4 years ago) to open his own place - Lime.

Houston
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Fresh Lobster?

The guy I'm thinking of wore a "fashionable" cowboy hat.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Fresh Lobster?

that's the one

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
234 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Fresh Lobster?

We're heading to Nevis on Saturday...is Lobster in season now? What restaurants should we go to, to get some???

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Fresh Lobster?

Yes, lobster is "in season' now. You can get fresh lobster at many restaurants around the island including, but not limited to:

Gallipot (open Thursday, Friday, Saturday for lunch/dinner and Sunday for brunch/lunch).

Sunshine's

Lime

Double Deuce

Seafood Madness

Mango

Bananas

The Plantation Inns and a few other places will have lobster on their menus but not necessarily every day.

Charlestown, Nevis
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Fresh Lobster?

Give me a call at 869 469 1020 when you get to Nevis.

I am the owner of Coconut Grove Restaurant and we serve fresh lobster. I will be happy to help you out and find you a few to grill at home.

Get answers to your questions about Nevis