We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather July-August

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Weather July-August

im thinking of going to the 4 seasons nevis, but heard the weather will be bad with rain....can anyone comment on this...

also, how many kids/families with kids are at the 4 seasons, looking for a quiet vacation.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,584 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather July-August

You've heard wrong. While the official Atlantic/Caribbean Hurricane Season runs from June 1 through November 30 major storms during July and August are rare. Nevis gets an average of 4.5" to 5" of rain in each of July and August (that's not much) and that usually comes in the form of very localized and very brief showers (more at night than during the day). Most of the rain occurs up in the rain forest (hence the name). Nevis is a lush island - it doesn't get that way being arid. It's not onusual for it to be raining in one area and there be bright sun 1/4 mile away. Heck, I've seen it rain in my front yard and be dry as a bone in my back yard.

Four Seasons is popular with families but there are plenty of areas that are reserved for "adults" and the majority of kids are kept very busy with the Children's program and will be out of sight for the better part of the day.. You should have no problems if you are looking for "quiet".

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
17,909 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather July-August

Caribsurfer is 100% correct... as usual. The localized rain showers are real. I've driven in and out of rain in a matter of a few yards. July and August are lovely. High 80s (F) and humid. I find that the hottest time of day is around 4pm. At least on our veranda. The cumulous clouds hang over Mt. Nevis (Columbus thought it reminded him of snow). The summer rain showers usually come in after sunset (6:30) when the air cools, and sometimes in the early morning. If you have a second floor room you may be lulled to sleep with the white noise of rain on the roof. You may have daytime showers but they usually waft through in a short time. The weather posts for the Caribbean always say rain. That way they are sure to be correct for at least 30 minutes every day.

The 4S has three pools. One for families with the water sports toys, One a quiet pool with jacuzzi and the third for adults only. The resort is spread out along Pinney's Beach so the density, even when the resort is full, is not oppressive. The 4S is family friendly but they have onsite programs for kids to keep them busy.

Nevis
Level Contributor
259 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather July-August

Lets hope 4S are open by July! My guess is that their forecast of 1st Jan 2009 is way way off.

To safegaurd a booking at 4S Nevis next year I would look for some form of guaranteed financial compensation in the event of the resort not meeting their deadline.

UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather July-August

Just in case 4S isn't open or it's not what you're looking for I can recommend Turtle Beach House, just across the water from Nevis on St Kitts

www.stkittsvillarental.com

it's real quiet, done out beautifully, with a huge pool and idyllic views over to Nevis

I've stayed there in July and the weather was perfect!

5. Re: Weather July-August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 12, 2009