We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cars and bars

norfolk, va
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
cars and bars

I'm wondering how close are other restaurants/bars are from the Montpelier Plantation? I'm feeling as though we will need to rent a car to be able to get around on Nevis so should we just wait to do this when we get there or try to pre-arrange it, or even have the Montpelier do it for us?(We will most likely be coming in by ferry from St Kitts and leaving via Newcastle airport).

For a small car any ideas on prices?

We are conscious of not drink driving and so that is something that we want to avoid of course but am I right thinking we would need to drive to bars from the Montpelier? I'm thinking of all those rum punches that I know slide down so easily!

Is there anything within walking distance from the Montpelier?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cars and bars

There are no restaurants or bars within walking distance of Montpelier. Montpelier is at the top of a very high hill--not very walkable at all. Driving is easy, there is not much traffic and the island is small.

Check www.nevis1.com for information on rental companies. We have used Noel's and the Hermitage has booked the car for us. When you book your car, tell them when you will be arriving and they will pick you up at the ferry pier (all the rental places will do this, I think.) You will be able to leave your car at the airport when you leave.

Are you staying on St. Kitts? If you rent a car there, you can make arrangements through them for your Nevis rental.

ting

2. Re: cars and bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 29, 2009