We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming off Nevis/Nisbet

Which Nevis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Swimming off Nevis/Nisbet

My fiance and I are seriously considering Nisbet Plantation for our June honeymoon.

The only reason we are having a little trouble deciding is we have never been to the Caribbean and as Nisbet is on the Atlantic we don't expect that Caribbean blue water we always imagined.

Is the water off Nevis, especially at Nisbet's beach a major drawback?

We would like to go snorkeling, but not diving.

Thanks.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,274 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Swimming off Nevis/Nisbet

One more thought, we did not bring an alarm clock, didn't need one, the American Eagle 7AM flight came over us every morning.

MA
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Swimming off Nevis/Nisbet

Thanks! One last question -

We had to book our returning flight out of St. Kitts ( didn't want to take a 6:50 am flight). I read the ferry is about 45 minutes. How much time would you allow for the whole trip from Nisbet to St. Kitts airport?

Thanks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,063 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Swimming off Nevis/Nisbet

The ferry can take about 45 minutes to an hour depending on what ferry is used. It will take you about 30 minutes to get to the ferry from Nisbet, and buy your tickets. The airport in St. Kitts is probably about 10 minutes from downtown.

Don't forget to verify the ferry times the day before you leave because sometimes there are last minute schedule changes.

Allow for extra time, that way once you get to St. Kitts you can have a nice leisurely lunch before your flight (if you're on the afternoon flight, that is).

A pricier way to get to St. Kitts would be to take the water shuttle from Oualie Beach to Turtle Beach, and then catch a taxi to the airport. You can always inquire about this after you get there.

ting

martinique
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Swimming off Nevis/Nisbet

I was in Nevis two days ago on business. I heard rumors of a recent management walkout at NP. Went there; guests seemed happy/oblivious, but I got a certain "disarray" vibe. You can probably do better. Recommend Mountpellier highly. Killer food, killer vibe, better beach (although requires shuttle up and down from property).

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,063 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Swimming off Nevis/Nisbet

I'm confused Caribwino. Are you saying the managers of Nisbet walked out? And the guests didn't notice anything?

I was there a few times in March and found the service under the new management was faster and friendlier than last year. The people working there seemed happier.

ting

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,274 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Swimming off Nevis/Nisbet

Having been there for a week a couple weeks ago I don't think You can do better. Recommend Nisbet Plantation highly. Killer food, killer vibe, great beach, maybe caribwino had too much wino. We spoke with the managers on several evenings and they are not planning to stay. After Nisbet closes in September they will pick up their boat in Antiqua and they hope to sail around the world. They are great hosts.

Nevis
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Swimming off Nevis/Nisbet

I have lived on the island for the last eight months and visit nisbet at least once a week. Bev and Wally, the previous managers ran what I believe to be the best hotel on the island with what was easily the friendliest service we have ever encountered. I fail to see how it could be improved upon!

I understand the hotels owner, Mr Dodwell?, has temporarily employed a management company to run the hotel until permanent managers are found. Prior to this Dodwell Jnr oversaw the changeover.

We have heard the odd comment from members of staff which can only be expected when managers change but certainly have not noticed any change in the staff's friendlyness or high standards.

PS

For a morning treat, try their breakfast special on a Sunday. Fantastic food and great value. We picked up this tip from an earlier post by BillNearBoston.

18. Re: Swimming off Nevis/Nisbet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 29, 2009