We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

carambola beach club

Philadelphia, PA
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
carambola beach club

Hi

We are thinking about going here for the day as our cruise ship stops in St Kitts. Can anyone tell me anything that isn't on tripadvisor reviews. Our group is me, my husband, our one year old daughter and my parents. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: carambola beach club

The reviews say it all. Very good food, terrific service, very upscale setting in a visually stunning building, top of the line beach chairs and umbrellas - all with prices to match.

So not sure exactly what you are asking?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: carambola beach club

Caribsurfer is right ... not much to add. Not much negative, other than the experience that I mentioned. I still gave it a "4-star" rating ... and I would return in a heart-beat. Truly. Be prepared to shell out some bucks, though.

If there is something specific you are concerned about, I am sure any one of us would be be pleased to provide a response.

Philadelphia, PA
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: carambola beach club

Thank you. Was just wondering if there was anymore to add....now I am comparing it to shipwreck as we are travelling with our 1 year old. I know there are lots of reviews that I have to read through :)

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: carambola beach club

We were there last week and it was our best stop. Would go again in a second! Food was expensive but got the best lunch of our cruise and it was definatley worth the extra $. Beach was great and so was the chairs, do yourself a favor and try this beach club you will not be sorry. Also, the restrooms were as nice as the ones on the ship, very clean!

Sharon

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: carambola beach club

It really IS a very picturesque spot. Definitely worth a visit. Probably the prettiest spot on South Friars, for picture taking and for quality of beach lounging. Even if you end up at Shipwreck, or one of the tiny, very casual bars in between, DO take a stroll and go check it out! Also, please note - Shipwreck restrooms are quite rustic in comparison (more like an outhouse configuration). It may be my personal favorite, but I have to be honest about amenities - Carambola is close to 5-star all the way - with very few details for visitor comfort unaccounted for.

Edited: 7:28 am, April 02, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: carambola beach club

Also meant to mention -- my avatar is a photo taken at Carambola!

7. Re: carambola beach club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, June 20, 2013