We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosie & Jim's Taxi and Tour Service?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
104 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Rosie & Jim's Taxi and Tour Service?

Has anyone used this tour service in St. Kitts for an island tour & transport to a nice beach? We will be visiting by cruise ship.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rosie & Jim's Taxi and Tour Service?

Many people use them. They have a very good reputation.

FYI - if you are just going to a beach for the day you can just as easily take any taxi to/from the beach of your choice. Simply tell the driver what time you want to be picked up for your return to the ship and he/she will be there. There will be plenty of taxis waiting by the dock.

The three most popular beaches for day trippers are:

Frigate Bay is the closest beach - 10 minute drive from the cruise ship dock.

South Friars Bay - 15 minute drive from the dock.

Cockleshell Beach - 30 minute drive.

st. kitts
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rosie & Jim's Taxi and Tour Service?

I have used them in the past and they were very friendly and professional.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rosie & Jim's Taxi and Tour Service?

We used them this past January for an island tour and beach visit. I made arrangements with Rose ahead of time and asked to visit South Friars Beach as opposed to Cockleshell. Our tour with Rose was probably our favorite day on our cruise. It was very informative with many photo opportunities and very reasonably priced. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their tour to anyone visiting St. Kitts.

Michigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rosie & Jim's Taxi and Tour Service?

Just got back yesterday and want to quickly post my review of Rose & Jim's Taxi & Tour Service so others can be aware of this great service. Rose was our guide for the day. You could not ask for a warmer, more knowledgeable guide. Jim grew up on the island and Rose has been there for 29 years. They have been in this business for just that long, too! It was so obvious how well known and well liked Rose is as we toured around the island. It was like visiting with your grandmother for the day. (She is a grandmother several times over so I know she won’t take offense at this!)

They only schedule one tour per day so you are not pressed for time if you run late. My wife and I got off the ship to meet Rose at the appointed time while our parents were running a bit late. Unfortunately, another ship was about to dock and the port authority shuts down the pier. No one could get off our ship until the other ship was safely tied up. It was not a problem for Rose and our time table.

We did the Island Tour and Cockleshell Beach tour which you can read all about on their website. Rose is willing to stop whenever you want to take photos and is always pointing out something of interest. You go through several towns and Rose is quick with some facts about each.

All in all, it was a grand day with one of the best guides we have had in our cruises. You know it was a good experience when there are hugs all around to end the day!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
104 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rosie & Jim's Taxi and Tour Service?

Thank you for the great review! We will keep Rosie in mind. :-)

georgia
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rosie & Jim's Taxi and Tour Service?

What was the cost of this tour. Do you have an email contact for them also. Thanks, Barbara

Edited: 10:34 am, February 10, 2012
Basseterre, St...
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rosie & Jim's Taxi and Tour Service?

http://www.roseandjimstaxi.com/

Cmp
Birmingham
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rosie & Jim's Taxi and Tour Service?

We were recommended to Rosie and Jim by our neighbours in the UK. We were in St Kitts for a day sailing on a cruise ship. I contacted Rosie before we went on the cruise and booked on their Panoramic tour. At the exact time of 8.30 as planned there was Rosie at the pier on St Kitts with her sign ready to take us on the tour, With 5 other people off we went as enjoyed a really nice trip of St kitts, the views the panoramas and the trip to the Batik factory,

Rosie's knowledge of living in St Kitts having left the UK years ago is excellent. It wasa really enjoyable trip and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Call her before though and make sure you get on her tour.

Thanks Rosie!

Christine UK

Edited: 3:21 pm, February 12, 2012
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
308 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rosie & Jim's Taxi and Tour Service?

I booked an island tour with PEREIRA TOURS and Rose was our guide. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Went above and beyond.

You can e-mail lizpereiratours@yahoo.com and request Rose as your guide. You won't be disappointed.

Boca Raton FL
Level Contributor
573 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rosie & Jim's Taxi and Tour Service?

How would you differentiate the beaches? How did you reach Rose to reserve