We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transportation (bus) St. Kitts

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Public transportation (bus) St. Kitts

Is there public transportation (buses) on St. Kitts. Also is there a grocery store near the Marriott?

St. Kitts
Level Contributor
408 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transportation (bus) St. Kitts

There is no bus service in Frigate Bay, but there are always taxis available. There is a small mini mart (Rams) a short walk from the Marriott, but if you want to fill a fridge, I would suggest you go to the Rams in Bird Rock as it is much larger and has most of what you will be looking for. Next to the mini mart Rams is a Smoke and Booze where you can buy liquor. There is also a Pizza Boys and Rituals Coffee Shop. Make sure you get off the Marriott property and try the many restaurants in the area. Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack has the best lobster, mahi mahi, Jerk Chicken, ribs and more and Thursday night The amazing blazing fireman performs and there is a live band. Also live music on Friday night. Have a great vacation.

Mentioned in this post
Frigate Bay
Frigate Bay
St. Kitts
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transportation (bus) St. Kitts

Thanks for the information. Rams near the Marriott sounds perfect for us to pick up snacks, etc. Good suggestion, Smoke & Booze if we want to buy liquor. We will be in St. Kitts this Thur.-Monday so I appreciate your suggestions .Any thoughts about places near us for a sandwich, salad, etc. for a light lunch? Looking at restaurant reviews when it says "on the beach"...does this mean you walk along the beach to get to these, or down side walks to find these restaurants. Directions to walk over to the Carribean side for the beach?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,407 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transportation (bus) St. Kitts

There are quite a few places to eat within walking distance of the Marriott plus several beach bars "on the strip" at Frigate Bay - all offer light fare as well as full meals. To reach the strip simply walk down the road to the roundabout and take the road toward Timothy Beach Resort (there are plenty of signs for the various beach bars showing the way). You can also take a short cut by walking across the golf course. It's not far and you really can't get lost. You'll see what I mean when you get to the Marriott.

Mentioned in this post
Frigate Bay
Frigate Bay
St. Kitts
St. Kitts
Level Contributor
408 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transportation (bus) St. Kitts

Rituals is a good place for lunch. It is next to the little Rams and offers a variety of sandwiches and salads. Great lattes and coffee drinks. The restaurants on the beach are ON the beach. You can walk along the beach and see all the bars and restauants.. There are no sidewalks on the beach, but there is a road on the back side of the restaurants.

Basseterre, St...
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transportation (bus) St. Kitts

A website you might find helpful is www.sknmyislands.com

orlando, fl
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transportation (bus) St. Kitts

We just returned from St.Kitts it was AWESOME !!! Found that it was a better deal to just get a driver (Taxi) for the week a car was close to $85 a day .

We found a AWESOME !! GREAT !! Driver who took us all around for 5 days , Leroy Procope he works out of the Marriott, in fact the guys up front know him well. He took us on a tour of the Island ,WOW was he very knowledgeable about the island and the history. we even asked him to take us to a place the locals would eat and not a tourist trap, we went to a little road side dive and had some of the best grub .

We also owen to the Fort where they new Leroy at the gate even the owner at the Plantation knew of Leroy so I would say he is the best bet , very dependable to be on time. And Prices are good. I took one of his cards his number is 1-869-665-6014, give this to the guys up front at the Marriott and they will get ya hooked up. YOu are about to have a FANTASTIC time iin ST.KITTS !!

orlando, fl
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public transportation (bus) St. Kitts

I think I should have checked the grammer and spelling before i hit sent ?

world citizen
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Public transportation (bus) St. Kitts

Hey thanks... you didnt say how much he charged to take you around for the week?

9. Re: Public transportation (bus) St. Kitts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. Kitts