We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Kitts newbie!!

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
St. Kitts newbie!!

Just confirmed 10 nights at the Marriott for August. This will be our first time in St. Kitts. We got an awesome deal at the Marriott (I think), we booked a standard room for 138.00CAD/night from Hotels.ca. I understand that the standard rooms do not have a balcony, however, now I'm wondering if we should have booked the deluxe with balcony for alot more$$$. Has anyone stayed here? Is there a big difference in the rooms? Also, we are looking at renting a car, but not sure which agency is good?

Any "must do" suggestions for dinners and excursions would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Basseterre, St...
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Kitts newbie!!

Welcome fellow Canadian!

I just returned from St. Kitts had a the most amazing time.

The Marriott had a car rental desk at the hotel, or you can contact TDC.

Must do for dinners:

PJ's Bar & Restaurant

Bucky's Beach Bar & Restaurant

Turtle Beach Bar & Grill

Ballahoo's

Sprat Net

Excursions:

Spirit of St. Kitts Catamaran

Greg's Safaris

Turtle Tours Kayaking & Snorkelling Adventure

Feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Another web site you might find helpful is http:www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com

LIZ

1-888-975-9940

Have a great time!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Kitts newbie!!

Hi "pass the lotion" - you will love St. Kitts. We didn't rent a car but I would definitely recommend it at least for a day or two. Just out of curiosity, since I am from the Toronto area, did you get a decent deal on airfare for August. Are you flying out of Toronto? I have been looking at different options and just wondered if there were any deals out there at that time of year. Thanks!

Basseterre, St...
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Kitts newbie!!

Hi Love to Travel:

If you are interested in "deals" to St. Kitts for the summer please contact me at 1-888-975-9940.

Space is filling up for June due to the Music Festival. Summer is also popular when student go home.

LIZ

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Kitts newbie!!

Hi and thanks for your replys. Still not sure if we should change our room for the deluxe with balcony. As far as airfares our friendsour paying around the 900.00Cad/per/person taxes inc. with AA via Miami in August. We got lucky and qualified for air miles for the 1st time. Maybe Liz can help. Liz did you by chance ever live in Hamilton because I used to work with a Liz Pereria who gave me the most awesome portuguese shrimp recipe that I still make all the time? (Love food.)

Basseterre, St...
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Kitts newbie!!

Pass the lotion: (love the name!)

Must be another Liz Pereira (popular Portuguese name). My family is from St. Kitts (by way of Portugal).

Be sure to write a Trip Report when you return from St. Kitts. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about what to see or do in St. Kitts.

Make sure you leave the hotel and explore the beauty of the island and the friendly/helpful locals.

BTW, my sister has a clothing store at the Marriott called Just In The Sun.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
559 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Kitts newbie!!

passthelotion another restaurant to add to Liz's list is Marshalls; this was easily the best meal I had on St. Kitts; a must go

http://www.marshalls-stkitts.com/

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
559 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Kitts newbie!!

passthelotion another restaurant to add to Liz's list is Marshalls; this was easily the best meal I had on St. Kitts; a must go

http://www.marshalls-stkitts.com/

Chadds Ford...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Kitts newbie!!

Just got back from 10 days in St. Kitts with our extended family. Definately rent a car and go to turtle beach. The monkeys there are just so cute- make sure you bring some oranges and bananas to feed them. The food there is good too for casual dining. The best restaurant on the island (in my humble opinion) is Ottley's. A lovely ambience, great service and great food. Spratnet is really fun- great open air with picnic tables fun, beautiful at sunset- order the lobster. Also very casual. The shipwreck bar on the beach is great for their fresh snapper and some beers- however, we did not necessarily like the beach there. Down the way from Shipwreck are a couple of good snorkeling places.

Stay away from the restaurant at the Angelus (next to the Marriott). We stayed there and had our worst dinner there (although the bar is GREAT). The chef, David Miller, isn't always working which I believe probably accounts for the inconsistency in the dining experiences there.

Go to brimstone hill to see the fortress; go for a hike to the volcano/rainforest; take a day trip to Nevis.....

HAVE A BALL!

9. Re: St. Kitts newbie!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:14 pm, April 18, 2006
New York
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: St. Kitts newbie!!

What up Bud,

I lived on St kitts for that last 3 years and i just returned to the states.

If you need some advice about the island i will gladly steer you in the right direction.

What are you intrest in... Diving, snorkeling, hiking, fishing,

beaches?

oh, and definatly rent a car (4x4 would be good) alot of the really cool beaches and snorkel spots are on dirt roads.

Do your self a favor and try to get off the Marriot Compound and explore the island.... eat local food and enjoy all the island has to offer.

later bud

Jeff