We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Kitts marriott question

arcola, IL
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
St. Kitts marriott question

My husband and I will be traveling to St. Kitts in November and plan to stay at the Marriott Resort. There are so many types of rooms, so I was hoping some of you who had been there might give me a few tips on them, please? We really like being able to see the ocean from our balcony. I noticed that there are garden view rooms, which I assume will not overlook the ocean. There is a Royal suite and a golf suite. Does anyone know the difference between those? Also, has anyone done the "all inclusive?" Is the food offered with that really good, and how about the free alcoholic drinks that are included? Thanks in advance, to anyone who can provide insight!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Kitts marriott question

Garden View rooms = overlook garden area that is between buildings with other garden view rooms.

There are two types of Royal Suites. As the names implies, the Royal Golf Suites overlook the golf course, the Royal Ocean Suites overlook the ocean, otherwise they are the same as far as size and room amenities.

Sorry, can't help you with your "All Inclusive" question other than to say there are lots of good restaurants around the island with food that is as good or better than at the Marriott where you can dine at prices to match most budgets.

Edited: 12:29 pm, August 26, 2013
arcola, IL
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Kitts marriott question

Thank you so much for taking the time to write back!

Your answer was very helpful! :)

St. Kitts
Level Contributor
407 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Kitts marriott question

I don't recommend the all inclusive. The food at the Marrott s adequate, but not great. There are many restaurants within walking distance or a short taxi ride that offer a variety of food and prices. Rituals Sushi is fabulous and very inexpensive. Rock Lobster and Chao's are moderately priced. A short walk to Frigate Bay offers many beach bar/restuarnats that offer great food and a real Caribbean experience. The Dock, a beach bar at Timothy Beach Resort, and The Shiggidy Shack are both right on the beach and are great places for watching the sunset. The Dock offers a 2 for 1 happy hour every nght except Sat. Kathies offers great local fish and ribs. There is a Mexican restaurant as well as Patsy's (great food). Needless to say, you wlll have many choices. I always recommend that people leave the Marriott and see the real St.Kitts!

arcola, IL
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Kitts marriott question

Wonderful advice! I think we will forego the all inclusive and just eat on our own around the island.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply!

5. Re: St. Kitts marriott question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 29, 2014