We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello from Canada!...need small bareboat charter sailboat

BC Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Hello from Canada!...need small bareboat charter sailboat

Hello,

My partner and I, both respectful, active adults in our mid-50's, are interested in coming to the Caribean to bareboat charter in late January for approximately two weeks. I am an experienced sailor, who has owned and renovated many boats. In addition, I once ran a sailing school and taught people how to sail. The last boat I owned was a wood 45 foot cutter. We have mainly sailed in British Columbia where the waters are treacherous but I have sailed in Mexico. Many years ago we chartered in the British Virgin Islands but found it too crowded for our liking. To us it was kind of like camping in an RV park which is not the experience we are looking for. This time we would like to get further away from the circuit. Could you suggest where we might leave from and where we might want to go? I have heard Kits and Nevis are very nice but are open to any suggestions you might have. It is not a requirement that we move every day, and in fact would prefer to go to two or three places and stay for a few days somewhere that is off the tourist track as much as possible, in order to get a sense of local culture. We would prefer to go to some islands that have some culture of their own. Something the opposite of the American Virgins. We are thinking of a boat in the 30 foot range. I do not think we need a shower.

We look forward to hearing back from you with any suggestions.

Yours sincerely,

Michael and Sharon

vacation@island.net

Basseterre, St...
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello from Canada!...need small bareboat charter sailboat

I will send you a private e-mail.

LIZ

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello from Canada!...need small bareboat charter sailboat

Have you considered renting out of Antigua? English Harbour in Antigua has a big Yachting

community offering many sailing services.

Nevis & St Kitts are a day sail away from Antigua. Looked into renting the Jabberwocky in Antigua to sail us to Nevis and was advised it was a nice sail.

Try:

antiguanice.com/antigua_barbuda_yachting_cus…

Get answers to your questions about St. Kitts and Nevis