We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayman Brac : Divi Resort

bluffton
2 posts
Save Topic
Cayman Brac : Divi Resort

Just returned from Cayman Brac for the second time in Thirteen months,May 27th - June 3 rd. The staff at the Divi Resort made this one of the best dive vacations ever. A special thanks to the Dive staff Craig, Scott, Brett, you guys are truly a class act.

The Resort being twenty yrs old is still in great shape, I do recommend upgrading to the delux rooms better views of the ocean overall the property is nice. The food is wonderful with alot of choices. I would purchase the lunch package when you book your trip, it can be expensive if your going ala carte.

Overall our group had a wondeful stay with little problems we will go back the the Brac!

Allen

Cordele , Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayman Brac : Divi Resort

We have returned to the Divi Tiari for many years. The rooms are clean and more than adequate. The staff is friendly and always helpful. We buy the meal plan for our family that includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restraunt is more than willing to

serve vegetatian meals to guest who requested it. The food at every meal has been excellent, with a choice of seafood and a meat at the evening meal. The beachside bar serves great meals and appetizers and top shelf liquors with beer on tap.

We were here for our daughter and son-in-law's second anniversary and one of the staff purchased their favorite wines for me at a store in town. All I had to do was mention that I'd like to get it to Cliff in the dinning room and by the time I came in from diving it was on it's way. I'm sitting now on the tree shaded deck beside the beach bar. My computer plugged into a convenient power outlet and taking adavantage of the free internet. The view is fantastic.

A panoramic view of the ocean and beach.

This is my favorite dive destination. And we have done Palau, Yap, the Galapogas Islands and many destinations in the Caribean. You'll be so spoiled when you leave here by the great dive staff that you'll never want to dive anywhere else. Craig has taken us to some seldom seen dive sites. Max, the resort manager, is everywhere from the dive boats to bar. He wants to know if you are enjoying your stay and wants to know if there are any problems.

Our family will always want to Come Back To The Brac and the Divi Tiari,

Renay, Lydia, Kristen, Kelly and David

J&S
Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
201 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayman Brac : Divi Resort

Read your message with interest. We have been to Grand Cayman as divers 5 times, Little Cayman 6, and Cayman Brac only once. We thought the diving inferior on Cayman Brac. When we stay on Little Cayman the dive operators offer a day trip to Cayman Brac instead of the usual three tank dive day. We usually lobby against it because of our experience. We stayed at the Brac Reef Resort. Nice people and a nice property. The diving seemed to involve lots of reef rubble. The Tibbets was interesting. Not bad diving, just not as interesting as Little Cayman and certainly nothing to compare to Truk, Yap, or Palau (places we've been too)!

Cordele , Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayman Brac : Divi Resort

J&S

Favorite dive destinations are such for various reasons. I listed many of the ones that make Cayman Brac my favorite. No it may not be as spectacular as some or exotic as others but it is still my favorite because of what it does offer.

I am truly sorry you have not seen the beautiful dive sites on the Brac. And hope you will some day get to see them. We were unable to dive Wilderness Wall this time but did dive several very nice sites and all were good dive sites. I heard no one on our boat express any complaints about the diving and heard alot of positive remarks.

Fla
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayman Brac : Divi Resort

Thinking of purchasing land on Cayman Barc or Little Cayman..Never have been...I am looking at roughly 300,000 pounds of building material... DO the reefs prevent getting a large boat or barge near island for unloading material..???...Do you know if there is a specific site for such matters..???

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,816 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayman Brac : Divi Resort

If you are interested in making a purchase you should contact the cayman islands real estate association (cireba.com). Any reputable agent will be able to walk you through the process of buying a property and if you are planning to build, let you know of any and all impediments with regard to import permits, allowances, insurance, building permits etc., throughout the Cayman Islands. Good luck!

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,378 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cayman Brac : Divi Resort

Since the earlier posts, Divi Tiara has closed. That does not detract from the positive aspects of building on either the Brac or LC, but PLEASE go for a visit before you contemplate purchasing property!

wisconsin
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Cayman Brac : Divi Resort

Arrived at Cayman Brac for the first time in mid Octomber.

Because of divi closing we were put up at Carib sands.

What a blessing in disguise.

We have only been diving for a few years and are novices but we were very impressed with what Reef Divers had to offer.

Very friendly and helpful.

We will go back.

8. Re: Cayman Brac : Divi Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 19, 2009