We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get Cayman Brac to Little Cayman or vice versa..

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get Cayman Brac to Little Cayman or vice versa..

Interested in going from Grand Cayman to Cayman Brac and Little Cayman.

I saw the Cayman Airways flights....what is the best way (time and expense) to see Cayman Brac and Little Cayman? do you have to fly from Little Cayman to Cayman Brac or vice versa or is there a better way to do it?

First time to go to both, so any other advice ... reccos etc are helpful too. Thank you for your help.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get Cayman Brac to Little Cayman or vice versa..

There is a jet that goes to Cayman Brac but not every day. It does not go to Little Cayman. The twin otter, small prop plane (Cayman Express) stops at both places on it's trip. I looked at the Cayman Airways schedule and when you leave GC, it stops at Cayman Brac first and then Little Cayman. On the return, it starts in Little Cayman and then the Brac and then GC. I don't know how the pricing works. Luggage and carry on is limited on the prop plane.

Edited: 4:30 pm, March 25, 2011
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get Cayman Brac to Little Cayman or vice versa..

I did a multi city search in November with 2 days in Cayman Brac and 2 days in little Cayman--starting in Grand Cayman, stopping in the Brac first and then little Cayman and then flying to Grand Cayman from Little Cayman and the roundtrip was $152.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get Cayman Brac to Little Cayman or vice versa..

There is a jet that goes to Cayman Brac but not every day. It does not go to Little Cayman. The twin otter, small prop plane (Cayman Express) stops at both places on it's trip. I looked at the Cayman Airways schedule and when you leave GC, it stops at Cayman Brac first and then Little Cayman. On the return, it starts in Little Cayman and then the Brac and then GC. I don't know how the pricing works. Luggage and carry on is limited on the prop plane.

Little Cayman is really close to the Brac, so it's a very short flight. If the weather is right, you can even take diving trips from The Brac to Little Cayman.

Edited: 4:38 pm, March 25, 2011
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get Cayman Brac to Little Cayman or vice versa..

I also tried the search going from Grand Cayman to Little Cayman first, then to the Brac and then back to Grand Cayman. Price is $152 that way also. So I guess it would just depend on what you'd prefer.

5. Re: Best way to get Cayman Brac to Little Cayman or vice versa..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, May 29, 2011
6. Re: Best way to get Cayman Brac to Little Cayman or vice versa..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 28, 2012