We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve

My wife and I are making our first trip to Brac in a couple of weeks. We'll be there over the New Year. Is there any sort of organized party New Year's Eve? Thanks!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,719 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve

Where are you staying? Best check with them. Not many places to go so activities might fill up fast :)

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve

Thanks for your response. We're staying in a home on the north shore. I believe the area is Tibbett's Turn. We're visiting for someR&R and snorkeling. Maybe cook some fish/seafood if we can find some to cook. Can't wait!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,200 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve

Try Cayman Brac Beach Resort and see what they have for New Years. We were there a number of years ago and they had a buffet and hats etc.

http://www.caymanbracbeachresort.com

P.S. If you see something you might want at a grocery store, get it when you see it. It might not be there on the next shopping trip.

Mentioned in this post
Cayman Brac Beach Resort
Cayman Brac Beach Resort
774 Reviews
Cayman Brac
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve

We recently stayed at the Cayman Brac Beach Resort and they hosted a really nice outdoor Friday night barbecue, so they will probably plan a nice party for Near Year's Eve also, but since you are not staying there you should make a reservation soon because, as mentioned, there are not many restaurants on Brac.

Another choice is the Captain's Table not far from the CBBR, it is a small place and nothing fancy but they hosted a big Halloween Party while we were on the island, lots of locals and dive staff dressed up in costumes to have fun; so they will probably be planning a New Year's Eve party also.

There is a place called La Esperanza. We have only stopped there during the day for a drink. It has a reputation for wild parties and loud music on Friday and Saturday nights, but wild not in good way - the place is okay but a little scary even during the day time - I probably wouldn't go there at night.

There is a very high-end resort on Brac called Le Soleil D'Or, they have their own organic farm onsite and serve a farm to table menu. The restaurant is supposed to be expensive but excellent. I don't know if you have to be staying at the resort to go to the restaurant but you could enquire about New Year's Eve festivities to see if that's an option.

And it might just be fun to barbecue on the beach and relax and watch the stars! I don't know if you can buy fireworks there but that would be fun. But although the grocery stores are well-stocked, sometimes the fresh foods are in short supply. A local told me that the supply barge only comes in once a week. So as caymanshelly advised, buy it when you see it!

Cayman Brac is a lovely place to visit and I am sure that it is a great place to enjoy the holidays, have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Cayman Brac Beach Resort
Cayman Brac Beach Resort
774 Reviews
Cayman Brac
Le Soleil d'Or
Le Soleil d'Or
100 Reviews
Cayman Brac
Michigan
Level Contributor
161 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve

We were on Brac last January/February during the Superbowl. We had a great time at both the Captain's Table and Barracudas. I would think both places would have some sort of festivities.

Edited: 10:41 pm, December 19, 2016
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve

Thanks for the responses. We're really looking forward to our trip.

7. Re: New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, January 19, 2018