We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice uncrowded beach with lockers

Texas, USA
1 post
Save Topic
nice uncrowded beach with lockers

We want an area of 7 mi beach that has lockers but is also good in other ways like: not crowded, cheap, etc. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tammy

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice uncrowded beach with lockers

Hi. I'm not sure there are any lockers for the general public. I know most of SMB is filled with condos and hotels.

I think a reality check is needed. You won't find anything cheap on SMB much less the CI's. Most places do have peak period crowds and such but the "crowds" are not bad other than the cruise ships dumping people off...then it's best to avoid Georgetown altogether.

Hope this helps...

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,816 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice uncrowded beach with lockers

Bozzi is totally on target. "Cheap" is relative and not realistic on an "expensive" island. The only lockers I know of along SMB are for divers who book multiple days with the same operator and are provided rinse buckets and lockers for their personal equipment. Are you cruising or staying along SMB?

MA
Level Contributor
658 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice uncrowded beach with lockers

If i were you I might head to Royal Palms. They may even have lockers there...not sure about that, though. The beach is crowded there when the cruise ships are in, but you can walk either to the left or to the right and find a deserted stretch where you can find lots of room. Also, from that spot at 7MB, across the street there would be Burger King restaurant and a couple other fast food options in the general vacinity that may be available to help keep prices down. At Royal Palms, there is a beach bar where you can get drinks, free water from a cooler, and order lunch(probably $7-$10) for the meal itself. Facing the water from Royal Palms, you could walk to the left and head down the beach to just past the Marriott and head onto Comfort Suites property and eat at Stingers where you can have a quick lunch or snack for about $8 or so....or even further heading in the same direction..walk down to Treasure Island resort/condos and on their property is Billy Bones and you could eat there at the swim up bar and they have snack/lunch for reasonable prices ($7 or so)- burgers, quesadillas etc. Just some ideas for you!!

4. Re: nice uncrowded beach with lockers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach