We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriot opinions please..

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
335 posts
Save Topic
Marriot opinions please..

Hi,

My husband & I are schedled to stay at Marriott Jan 10-17 of 2007, can anyone give me their honest opinions of the place...I'm reading pro and con but it seems more con. Did I make a mistake in choosing marriottt, I can cancel and book another hotel.

please help

thanks much

nancy

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Marriot opinions please..

Hey Friars. How was the trip?

Bozzie

Illinois
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Marriot opinions please..

Hope it worked out for you! I used to jog past the Marriott and the beach was really tiny.

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
335 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Marriot opinions please..

yes, tiny it was, but adequate and very nice

Florida
Level Contributor
792 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Marriot opinions please..

Just back from the Marriott last week and the hotel is nicely renovated and the staff great as usual, the beach is wider than before the hurricane though alot more rocks and coral to avoid getting in and out of the water. Two things that have not changed over the 5 years we have been coming to this property. First... the run to the beach at dawn chair-grabbers, then return 4 hours later to actually use the chairs and umbrella, must really get ugly during the really busy spring season, and second... the droves of cruise ship passengers that are allowed (no hotel beach staff stopped them)to use the hotel beach and pool area. In three days we counted 16 cruise ships, we picked this time of year to avoid crowds yet we were subjected to the cut off jean and tie-dyed shirt beer guzzling crowd. As much as we have enjoyed the Marriott in the past, we are glad the Ritz is here and further down SMB, no daytrippers,jetskis and the beach is wide and fabulous. ........do recommend the Triple Crown English/Irish pub across the street from the Marriott, good food, beer and fun.............:)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Marriot opinions please..

As far as the chair deals, if hotels had enough chairs to accomodate guests, there wouldn't be this morning deal to save or grab up chairs. They have 300 rooms and one small pool sometimes.

I have to say Atlantis in Nassau is the worst we have ever seen when they are full. It is terrible. Most chairs are occupied or saved by 7am. I am talking by all the pools there which is massive and the beach area. We will never return.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,437 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Marriot opinions please..

If properties such as GC Marriott with fairly limited physical space had more beach chairs, they'd have no place to put them! A nice place where even people paying for rooms might encounter crowding at beach and pool that NO WAY ought permit cruisers to crash.

37. Re: Marriot opinions please..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach