We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Cayman - Casa Caribe and Regal Beach Club

Kansas City
3 posts
Save Topic
Grand Cayman - Casa Caribe and Regal Beach Club

We are considering travel to GC in June of 2005 and could use some insight. We will have our daughter with us who will be 16 months and my parents, so we are looking for a 3BR condo/villa where we could do some cooking. I've seen information on both Casa Caribe and Regal Beach Club on the net, and both look good, but I would love to hear from someone who has first hand knowledge about these condos or others that might fit our needs.

I'm also interested in Ivan updates. My husband and I stopped in Cayman on a cruise two summers ago and loved it. We vowed to return for a full vacation, but maybe this isn't the year. If not Cayman, we will return to St. Thomas. But we really like beachfront properties, which are in short supply un the USVI. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Andi

Mentioned in this post
Casa Caribe
Casa Caribe
124 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Regal Beach Club
Regal Beach Club
197 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Miami
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Cayman - Casa Caribe and Regal Beach Club

You should post this question here:

www.caymanactivityguide.com/public_html

Lots of very ensightful information and wonderful people that really know the island.

milwaukee
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Cayman - Casa Caribe and Regal Beach Club

We just returned from a weeks stay at the regal beach club (feb 19-26). We enjoyed our stay, it was beautiful and I would not hesitate to recommend the island post ivan. I had never been before, and you probably will notice the change in the island, but really it was business as usual,and there were a lot of families at the condo. The regal beach club is in good shape, one thing to consider though is most of the condos are 2 bedroom and it may be difficult to get a 3 bedroom if thats what you need. My mother in law did comment that the condos seemed small. With our 3 kids in our unit it was not a problem. The location is great, near the grocery store, restaurants, town etc. We had no problems getting a car. WE did a pirate ship cruise, nautilus cruise, stingray city, and turtle farm. I actually would recommend going now as nothing is crowded, and the lovely people need the tourism! Hope this helps.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Cayman - Casa Caribe and Regal Beach Club

We have stayed at the Regal Beach Club twice with our two boys now 4 and 2. We would have gone back this year if not for Ivan. We love it and it is so convenient with kids. We have also had great luck with babysitters we hired there.

We played it safe last month and went to Isla Mujeres in Mexico which we almost like better than Cayman (can't beat the price).

I am going to Cayman Saturday and staying at the Westin so I will stop by Regal Beach to see the progress. So they have three bedroom units besides the front ones???Have you heard they are open. When I wanted to book I couldn't get a response from them.

Mentioned in this post
Regal Beach Club
Regal Beach Club
197 Reviews
Grand Cayman
US
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Cayman - Casa Caribe and Regal Beach Club

monk21 - after your trip to the Westin, please post it's status and how it's shaping up. I'm headed there in a few months, and if you could give a first hand review of the grounds, rooms, pool, etc, that would be great! Hopefully everything is back and running smoothly!

Thanks in advance!

Virginia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Cayman - Casa Caribe and Regal Beach Club

I posted pics of the Westin's beach (from my trip mid Feb) at: www.caymanphotos.com It's really beautiful... probably better than ever. Ivan was kind to Seven Mile beach sand... not necessarily to the trees, but definitely to the beach.

6. Re: Grand Cayman - Casa Caribe and Regal Beach Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 pm, April 15, 2005
US
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Cayman - Casa Caribe and Regal Beach Club

thanks for the info! I'll definitely head over there and check out your review/pictures. Thanks!

monk - also anxious to hear your review when you return.

Thanks.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Cayman - Casa Caribe and Regal Beach Club

My husband and I first saw Cayman on a cruise 5 years ago and have spent our last two vacations there. It is a safe, friendly island with beautiful beaches and ocean. I would choose it over St. Thomas any day. Cayman does not have the crime and poverty that STT does. Another nice condo on 7 Mile Beach is the Avalon. I believe all of their condos are 3 bedrooms. Even though there was a lot of damage from the hurricane, they have made a lot of progress, and will have made even more by June. If you go, enjoy all of the great restaurants! And be sure to take your daughter to the Turtle Farm!

Mentioned in this post
The Avalon
The Avalon
49 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Kansas City
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Cayman - Casa Caribe and Regal Beach Club

Thanks for all the information. We will give Regal Beach Club a try!

Mentioned in this post
Regal Beach Club
Regal Beach Club
197 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Cayman - Casa Caribe and Regal Beach Club

Casa Caribe gets really good reviews. I've been told the units are very spacious and the people working there are wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
Casa Caribe
Casa Caribe
124 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach