We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive hotels??

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
all inclusive hotels??

Are there any all-inclusive hotels on Grand Cayman?

I have heard that the food is expensive there...is that true?

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive hotels??

AI not the best option for GC. There are a couple, but not the best bet for a really nice Cayman vacation. Yes, food, and everything else on GC more expensive than other islands, but if you go there you will appreciate every extra dollar spent as it is not like any other island. Great restaurants, terrific people, wonderful relaxed feeling, very safe, very classy without being stuffy:)

Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive hotels??

Agree 100%. If you want to eat fine dining, it is going to be expensive no matter where you go. There are plenty of fast food places too if you do not want to spend the money on more fine dining experiences and yet enjoy the island for a vacation.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive hotels??

There is an all inclusive on Cayman, however it is small and intimate. By all means check it out, its the Spanish Bay Reef Resort.

Personally I am not a fan of AI as eating out and meeting local people is one of the attractions for me.

Good luck with your decision making.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive hotels??

We are looking at Spanish Bay Reef resort and you can also go to their sister resort, Beach Club Colony. We have friends who stayed at Spanish Bay and loved it. You don't have to worry about the cruise ship passengers as much as on 7 mile beach.

The SB also gets great reviews on this site. I like AI for the convenience and then we always try some other restaurants for evening meals.

uk
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive hotels??

Hi! We are somewhat experts on GC having visited numerous times over the last 12 yrs or so.....

We have been to Spanish Bay Reef and LOVE it- don't expect a Sandal's type resort, this is very low-key, small and rather quaint. You will be treated as a person, not a room number; the staff are fantastic, like family to us by now. Lady Pamela, the resort manager is wonderful, she will ensure your every need is met...

One bed villas are lovely, and are well worth the extra cost.

Food is of good quality, with something for everyone- all served buffet style. The drinks are fine- no Chablis or the like, but you cannot expect that at any all-inclusive!

The diving is GREAT- shore diving is part of the package, and the dive shop staff are very friendly and knowledgable.

Dining out in Cayman is pricey, as is buying food/drinks in the supermarkets- do bear this in mind if you opt for a room only hotel.

We are back again at the end Nov- can hardly wait!

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive hotels??

Do you also visit the sister resort, Beach Club? I realize SB is more laid back and not on 7 mile beach and that is also part of it's drawing card. I don't like noisy and over crowded beaches.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,821 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: all inclusive hotels??

We have stayed at Lacovia and the Hyatt property which are on either side of BCC. When the cruise ships are in the beach at BCC is completely overun. We have at times watched with amazement as more people come in, although I have to admit I have never been on a cruise ship so maybe that is part of the "adventure". Anyway, the beach there is really crowded on ship days so if you don't like that it is probably not a good choice for you. Good luck.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inclusive hotels??

Retrip,

I believe SBR shuttles you to that property. I always print up a cruise schedule before I travel to be sure when the ships are not in port. I would never go there on the days cruise ships are in. I know what it's like on islands when the ships are in port. Drives me crazy.

uk
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: all inclusive hotels??

No, we have never stayed at Beach Club Colony, the sister resort to Spanish Bay Reef; it is right on 7 Mile Beach, however, it is very busy, and nowhere near as relaxed and laid back as SBR.

There is a courtesy shuttle than runs between the 2 resorts, and reciprocal arrangements for drinks/lunch etc if you do want to spend time on 7MB.

We usually hire a car whilst at SBR to get around the island, but the local "jitneys" offer an excellent service @ $2 (CI) per trip; they are clean, safe and fairly efficient (!)

nj
Level Contributor
188 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: all inclusive hotels??

Hi -

I'm thinking of visiting Spanish Bay and its sister location, Colony Beach on 7 Mile Beach, sometime in March, 2007. Where do you find out the cruise ship schedules in order to avoid the crowds? Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach