We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 5 restaurants for foodies - GO!

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Top 5 restaurants for foodies - GO!

We're headed that way come October and we LOVE TO EAT good food. It doesn't have to be fancy either - but local, fresh, fantastic. Yes, we'll probably go to Blue just because I have no plans to ever be near another of his restaurants and why not? But we're going to be there a week and we need to have some 'experiences.' Late 30's, married, kids staying at home! Both love seafood, not afraid to be adventurous either. Suggestions welcome!

Dallas, Georgia
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Top 5 restaurants for foodies - GO!

The Brasserie!!

Marblehead...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Top 5 restaurants for foodies - GO!

My favorites were-

Morgans Harbour- Tuna

Grand Old House-Bacon wrapped Wahoo

Sunshine Grill- Fish Tacos

Ragazzi- Pizza

Gelato Place in Camana Bay

Papagallo- really cool setting

Only real miss was Ortanique, which I wanted to love, but the Caja pork was pretty bad. Chewy fatty pieces that tasted like they were reheated from the Sunday bbq earlier in the day.

Houston, Texas
10 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Top 5 restaurants for foodies - GO!

We just got back, and stayed in Cayman Kai for the first half of our trip and on SMB for the rest. Here is our list:

Blue - Amazing! We did the Eric Ripert tasting menu with wine pairings, and this was easily one of the best meals ever. But expensive... Still happy about it!

Luca Brunch - Great atmosphere and free flowing prosecco! Cold seafood bar had smoked salmon, ceviches, seafood salads, tartars, oysters, boiled shrimp, etc. Antipasta bar was great, with some interesting chilled soups in shot glasses. Loved the quinoa salad. The carving station had delicious beef Wellington and lamb chops. They also had a pasta bar and lots of hot items.

Sunshine Grill - Had a great breakfast here (Texas tacos). Prices are good and portions were huge. On previous trips, we ate here for lunch and dinner, and the fish tacos really are great!

Over the Edge - Had fish and chips here. It was good, and they had great greens as a side dish.

Wreck Bar at Rum Point - Casual good food with great frozen drinks. I really liked the Cuban sandwich. The fried fish was too greasy, but everything else was perfect. And you can't beat the view and fun atmosphere!

Kaibo's Luna del Mar - What a great place! This was very romantic and wasn't too crowded. We had a great dinner with great wine, while kids ran around on the beach and checked in with parents occasionally. It was too windy for the lanterns, though.

Tukka - We loved this place. The outdoor seating right by the water is perfect. The food was really good and inventive. I'm glad we made the trip over there. The moon rising over the water was beautiful.

Dolce Vita - It was really good, and the outdoor seating area is a great place to watch the sunset. We spent a lot of money eating out (!), but I think this is the one place I thought was too expensive for what we got. I'm not really sure why. Maybe we just ordered wrong, because it is a really popular place. So I wouldn't write it off.

Enjoy your trip! I think Cayman has great restaurants!

Chicago
Level Contributor
12 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Top 5 restaurants for foodies - GO!

Calypso grill, one of my new favorites! It's pricey, and worth going early (e.g. 6:15pm) to get a guaranteed table outside. They are a little more stylish and upscale feeling than next door Morgan's Harbor. We enjoyed our dishes and the service more at Calypso, but Morgan's Harbor is good and has some great servers. We are going to Yoshi's sushi tonight, we enjoyed that the first time we went. Looking forward to second visit - good Maki. Our last night of vacay, Tuesday -- we picked LUCA, which is consistently good for dinner.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Top 5 restaurants for foodies - GO!

IMO Calypso Grille rarely changes their menu and every entree has the same potato & veggie sides. Very little creativity on their part.

36. Re: Top 5 restaurants for foodies - GO!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 02, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach