We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat

New Jersey
Level Contributor
181 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat

Hello. My family and I will be staying at the Westin in July and are looking for reasonably priced places to eat. We are basic eaters nothing fancy. So far I have the following list of prospects:

Dukes, Eats, Coconut Joes, Ragazzi, Rackams and Sunshine Grille. Any other places that are within walking distance that have a nice ambiance, i.e., Christmas lights, on the water, etc. Thank you.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,261 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat

None of the places you mentioned are on the water except Rackams and some are not in "easy" walking distance if at all (ie Rackhams). Are you renting a car? I would urge you to ask the servers at the Westin where they would suggest. They know food on the island inside out and can tell you if anything new and exciting is happening or if somewhere has changed chefs etc. You can also check out caymangoodtaste.com and caymanrestaurantguide.com to see menus, prices and locations! I would add places like Macabuca which is on the water but not in walking distance and Yoshi (which may not fit it is basic -- but basic sushi), Legendz which I have only eaten at once and really didn't rate, so it might be easier for you take a look yourself!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat

Retrip I forgot to put Macabuca on that list but it is on the list. I know the ones I mentioned aren't all in walking distance and we will cab it to those but I was wondering if there are any others that are in walking distance that might be good for us. Just looking for nice outdoor ambience.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat

+1 for Macabuca. If you go before or after lunch, you can combine the trip with snorkeling and they rent gear on-site. Not sure what walking distance is for you but Camana Bay is just over a mile with plenty of restaurant options including outdoor seating around the lagoon. You can always take a bus or cab it in either direction as well. Along those lines in terms of walking distance, places like Chicken! Chicken! are reasonably priced. As retrip pointed out, you can see the menus at www.caymangoodtaste.com

I'd check out some of those options over places like Coconut Joe's or Eats. I can't comment on the ambiance of the former but the latter definitely isn't xmas lights on the water.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,385 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat

Cimboco might be worth considering. Only ate there once, but is reasonable by Cayman standards and pretty good. Walkable.

My favorite worst ambiance restaurant is Agave Grill. With view of the roundabout by AL Thompsons hardware store, in an industrial area strip center, it has some mighty fine Mexican and fair prices. Not walkable.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat

Lone Star sure sounds like a great fit for you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat

All of the places mentioned are great. Macabuca has an all-you-can-eat BBQ on Monday nite's for CI$15. Delicious, well priced, & fantastic location. But not within walking distance of the Westin

7. Re: Places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 26, 2015