We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 mile beach for cruisers

Chicagp
Level Contributor
2 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
7 mile beach for cruisers

We want to spend the day on 7 mile beach. Would like loungers and umbrellas...willing to pay a bit more for a nicer spot if needed. Any suggestions??

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,849 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 mile beach for cruisers

See "Top questions about Seven Mile Beach" on the right titled, "Which teachers are best for cruise ship passengers."

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147364-i260-k3180…

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for East End, Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 mile beach for cruisers

"Which teachers are best for cruise ship passengers."

Some might say Miss Manners, LOL.

Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,849 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 mile beach for cruisers

As someone with dyslexia, I hope I speak for all sufferers when I say that autocorrect on the iPone is going to be the death of us. Can't we go back to the days of the little dashed red lines under the things that aren't teal curds?

Edited: 1:30 pm, January 19, 2014
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,379 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 mile beach for cruisers

Don't know if it is under the "teachers" but another option is to find out if any of the hotel are offering day passes when you are there. You can google it. They offer a room, lunch, and use of their pool and beach as you are a "guest" of the hotel for the day!

Know what you mean about auto correct. Recently read a wonderful college admissions essay about a shared family past time that was influential in this young person's life. Wonderfully written and overall excellent, except that instead of pheasant shooting apparently the past time was peasant shooting. The candidate was not accepted despite having many other wonderful attributes!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
164 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 mile beach for cruisers

I have read most of the discussions on the forum but want to know if there is an area of Seven Mile Beach which is good to snorkel off and has facilities - it seems to be a choice of one of the other - we are looking for both! Last time we were near Calico Jacks which was great, but no snorkel opportunities. Seems that the area near the MArriott is recommended for snorkelling but are there any facilities there if you don;t use the hotel. The taxis from the cruise ship seem to drop off by Calico Jacks as a matter of course if you ask for Seven Mile Beach - is there another landmark on the beach we can ask for with snorkelling and facilites. Thanks

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,379 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 mile beach for cruisers

The reason that SMB is not really known for snorkeling is because it is wide sandy beach in and out of the water. This is contrary to what small marine life needs to safely exist (as opposed to being eaten) which is why you are finding that there is more a less a choice of one or the other. If you look at the questions to the right you will find a link and there are many discussions if you just put in a search at the top. There are countless discussions on where to snorkel and why. One option that might suit you is to see if the Marriott has day passes available when you are down. A number of years ago they put in reef balls to protect from beach erosion and a lovely added benefit is that they are starting to become a haven for marine life.

Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,849 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 mile beach for cruisers

If you want good snorkeling, try Eden Rock near the Harbour and then catch a taxi or bus north to any of the beach/bar/restaurant locations that cater to cruise ship visitors; Royal Palms, Calico Jack's…..

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 mile beach for cruisers

I agree with smushie - since Eden Rock is an easy walk from where the tender drops you off, that won't cost you anything, and it's a far better snorkel than anything you will find on SMB - then head up to SMB for the beach part. There are a couple of snorkel locations off the beach, but I would go with Eden Rock if that's your one chance to experience the Cayman underwater.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,246 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 mile beach for cruisers

Am I missing something??? OP never asked about snorkeling....only mentioned umbrellas and lounges.

Best SMB locations with services for cruisers are Royal Palms and Public Beach. At past points in time it was possible to purchase day passes at Westin.

I no longer see this option on Westin site.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,379 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7 mile beach for cruisers

David9 asked a follow up about snorkeling!