We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off the beaten path.

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Off the beaten path.

Going down to Grand Cayman for the second time, any suggestions of things that are not a main tourist attraction?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
632 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Off the beaten path.

It might be a main attraction but it didn't feel like one. I went on the horse back ride from Coral Stone in Bodden Town. I'm a big fan of BT anyway, so it seemed like a good ride to take. When I went, there was one other visitor, my friend and I with the guide. Along with a beautiful ride along the beach, we had a wonderful morning of great conversation with the guide.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,569 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Off the beaten path.

I love Coral Stone. Had an absolutely wonderful ride with them. We did the swim after untacking the horses which was truly an incredible experience. We have horses and my daughter has been riding for years . . . it truly was an exceptional experience. Thank you for reminding me, sadly I tend to focus on the in the water stuff (although the horses were). You also reminded me of another great experience. We did the helicopter trip with Island Helicopters. I have done trips on other islands, but I thought this one was really special . . . our pilot was incredibly knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor!

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Off the beaten path.

Sunnysouth: I am envious of your experience with Coral Stone. We went with Spirit of the West and the guide's interaction with us was minimal.

As far as off the beaten path goes, since years of my work was with those incarcerated or in re-entry, we drove to see the prison in Northward. Hopefully, not many tourists are there. : )

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
632 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Off the beaten path.

I love the blowholes. I have some great photos of the water riding up past my head. It's never been busy when I've been there. I wonder if the roadside juice stand is still there?

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Off the beaten path.

I drove by the blow holes today, and the juice stand was not open. Of course, the wind directions was/is not good for a "blow hole" experience today either.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Off the beaten path.

I really love the Car Museum for something different to do in Cayman. Especially if you are needing a bit of a break from the sun or you are looking at a rainy day ahead of you. Then nice to catch lunch across the street at Macabuca afterward. Easy to get to on the bus as well.

27. Re: Off the beaten path.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach