We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 hour Grand Cayman predicament...

Mobile, Alabama
3 posts
Save Topic
7 hour Grand Cayman predicament...

I have a stop in Grand Cayman in October 2013. Problem is I will only have 7 hours. I do not get in to the main stream tourist attractions. I prefer more of a locals spot. Does anyone have any suggestions between the hours of 8am - 3pm for some local food, drinks, and maybe music??? FYI, I live on the Gulf Coast so the beach does not excite me. Thanks in advance!

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,389 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 hour Grand Cayman predicament...

Rent a car and head East. You can follow the driving tour here and pick & choose your stops and destinations:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147365-c164561/Grand…

Edited: 8:46 am, September 03, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 hour Grand Cayman predicament...

Thanks alot! Some good information. I have already found a couple must sees as far as I'm concerned.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 hour Grand Cayman predicament...

Also realize that GC is a tender port, so you won't have anywhere near 7 hours on island.

Edited: 11:25 am, September 03, 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 hour Grand Cayman predicament...

If you are coming in on a cruise ship, just remember that you will be anchored off-shore and using tenders to get back and forth between the ship and town. You'll have to allow for that in your schedule so your actual time on the island will actually be less than 7 hours. You'll just need to pick your spots carefully so you don't waste a lot of time just driving and not seeing anything.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 hour Grand Cayman predicament...

Sorry for the redundant post. NorthsideSue and I must have been typing at the same time!

Mobile, Alabama
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 hour Grand Cayman predicament...

I did take that into account. Because I was wondering if I would even be able to get all the way around the island and then back. Thanks for all the info though. The more the better. I'm definitely going to the brewery. ;-) I have always wanted to see Grand Cayman. I just hate my time is limited.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 hour Grand Cayman predicament...

Well, maybe take a look this time and decide whether you want to come back and do more! :)

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 hour Grand Cayman predicament...

You will get the most from a Grand Cayman or other destination visit by planning a stayover vacation. A cruise stop can offer only a brief tip of the tourist centered iceberg.

9. Re: 7 hour Grand Cayman predicament...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 05, 2014