We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watersports equipment rentals on SMB?

Annapolis...
Level Contributor
3 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Watersports equipment rentals on SMB?

Hi there, looking into a late Jan trip and was planning to stay in Sunset Cove condos. However, one thing we enjoy doing at the beach (with 2 pre-teens) is watersports - kayak, hobiecat, etc. I know we can snorkel anywhere, but where can we rent larger equipment hourly/daily? I think the Westin rents such things, but will they rent to non-Westin guests? And would I be better off staying closer to them if we plan to use such equipment?

We will also plan to do a stingray city visit, maybe a bioluminescent kayak tour, and turtle farm. While I can sit on the beach for endless hours, I think hubby and the kids need access to activity.

Lastly - can anyone recc. fishing charters? Probably just reef fishing, but I don't see a ton of reviews on Trip Advisor.

Thanks in advance - excitement-building comments WELCOMED!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Watersports equipment rentals on SMB?

Hi Jessica - there should lots of options for you. Red Sail is the major watersports operator at each of the big hotels - Marriott, Beach Suites, Ritz and the Westin. Since they are a third party operator, you'll be able to rent from them even if you aren't staying at the hotel. The Marriott will be closest to you. I'm not positive if all of them will have all of the toys but they'll be able to point you in the right direction. I always recommend Captain Marvin's over Red Sail for Stingray City though. It's a smaller operation so not as many people on the boat. Enjoy - I'm sure you'll love every minute!

2. Re: Watersports equipment rentals on SMB?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, September 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach