We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for luxurious place to stay - for 5 days in July...

Level Contributor
966 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for luxurious place to stay - for 5 days in July...

Hi .... my husband & I are looking for an upscale place to stay for a relaxing getaway for 5 days in July. We are in our 30's but enough pampering and luxurious accomadations. I have been reading alot of feedback on condo's - wondered to see if anybody had any great suggestions. Thanks so much in advance!!!

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for luxurious place to stay - for 5 days in July...

The suites at the Hyatt are plush. It is on Seven Mile Beach.

Brooklyn. New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for luxurious place to stay - for 5 days in July...

My wife and are also going in July. I can't really tell you from experience so sorry if this wastes your time. We are staying at the Ritz Carlton. It looks and sounds very luxurious. Price is expensive. But hopefully be worth it.

Level Contributor
966 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for luxurious place to stay - for 5 days in July...

what rate did you guys get? did you find anything less expensive than start through ritzcarlton.com

US
Level Contributor
190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for luxurious place to stay - for 5 days in July...

I just checked expedia for some dates in July when we're going, and they're lower than travelocity.

Brooklyn. New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for luxurious place to stay - for 5 days in July...

i booked straight through the ritz, unfortunately, i didnt realize there were many packages, that wouldve been worth the taking. research them before you book.

Brooklyn. New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for luxurious place to stay - for 5 days in July...

This really is not part of this topic but, how much would one tip a cab driver from airport to seven mile beach.

and secondly anyone know about service at the Ritz? read mixed reviews.

New York
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for luxurious place to stay - for 5 days in July...

honeymooners619,

The cab fare from the airport to the Ritz should be about $18-$20, tipping for cab drivers is 15%-20%.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,627 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for luxurious place to stay - for 5 days in July...

we go every year with family & stay in one of the nicest condos right in central SMB, but when just my husband & I go it's the Hyatt Beach Suites. I think at Hyatt in July if you pay for 4 niths your get one night free... their rates in July quite a bit lower than the winter season; the suites are spacious, all overlook the water, very nice!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for luxurious place to stay - for 5 days in July...

we have been many times to Cayman but have not been since Ritz was built - it looks nice - Avalon and Coralstone CLub are very nice condos...

New York
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for luxurious place to stay - for 5 days in July...

I agree with lovecayman about the Hyatt Beach Suites. We were there in 11/05 and are returning next month. The suites are spacious, with separate bedroom, large bath (with entrances from the bedroom and hall) kitchenette with seating for 4, mini fridge/freezer toaster, microwave, counter/sink, cabinets, dishes/flatware/glassware, and a good-sized sitting area, with a pull out sofa.

The Hyatt is having a deal now where the 5th night is free, and will be deducted upon checkout. As some of the suites have only a step out balcony, be sure to request a sitting balcony that has a table and chairs... which we enjoy using for breakfast and sunset cocktails.... while overlooking SMB.

Also, since there are only 53 suites.... it is not crowded, particularly since the Hyatt no longer issues day passes to non-guests...

Both restaurants on site, Hemmingways and Bamboo are also excellent, as is the swim up bar.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach