We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbour Heights or Regal Beach Condos

Level Contributor
251 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Harbour Heights or Regal Beach Condos

Hi:

My family will be staying on seven mile beach in Feb. 2014. We have been looking at condos and are considering Harbour Heights and Regal Beach condos.

We are looking for a clean, well maintained building complex, a nice sandy beach with sandy entrance to the ocean, and the ability to walk to a few restaurants (we will probably rent a car at least for a few days)

We have two teens who also want to do some diving and snorkeling.

I am hoping to get some advise as to which condo may best suit our needs

Thank you

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbour Heights or Regal Beach Condos

With so many condos along Seven Mile Beach to choose from, try not to limit your choices this early in the game. That said, both complexes are well maintained, all rental units in Cayman must meet a standard of cleanliness. The are very different properties in different areas of Seven Mile Beach, Harbor Heights a bit to the north and Regal Beach to the south. Harbor Heights is an older but popular spot, your teens might enjoy being next to Calico Jack's ( beach bar and restaurant ) and across the street from Duke's ( very casual, fun spot to eat ). The beach is sandy and soft, with a nice entry into the water. Regal Beach is the newer of the two but not " brand new ". There are some oceanfront units and the others are set gradually further from the beach. The beach there has been known to be a bit rocky. That end of the beach is often effected by erosion and loses beach at high tide. You can walk to a nice choice of restaurants and shops from that location, however.

If I were choosing solely between the two and would have a car, I would go with the Harbor Heights location. I am guessing that the appeal of these two properties might be price range. If so, also consider the complexes in northern Seven Mile Beach, all of which are near good snorkeling from shore but pretty much require a car to get to the main tourist area.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbour Heights or Regal Beach Condos

Second kiddos suggestion. I prefer the Harbour Heights location.

3. Re: Harbour Heights or Regal Beach Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach