We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condos at north end of 7 mile beach

Washington State
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Condos at north end of 7 mile beach

O.K. It's between Discovery Point Club, Aqua Bay Club, and Silver Sands. Looking for a two bedroom condo for family of 5 with good beach, great access to great snorkeling, a pool, a view and as much peace as 7 mile beach can provide. Are there things to consider in comparing these three properties or are they all about the same? Are we likely to find each in about the same condition? How would we go about finding out about the condition of specific units--or do we just have to rely on luck? We're not picky. We want clean -- and a fully functional kitchen, but decor is really not that important to us. Does one of these properties have better views?, better pool?, better beach?, etc.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Discovery Point Club
Discovery Point Club
530 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Aqua Bay Club
Aqua Bay Club
219 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Silver Sands
Silver Sands
137 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,103 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condos at north end of 7 mile beach

All 3 on same very nice stretch of beautiful beach. Have not stayed at any of these, but post-Ivan would guess all have been recently renovated. The one thing I would ask before chosing is if there is more than 1 bathroom for each unit at any of these properties. With a family of 5, if any of these condos have 2 full bathrooms rather than just one, that's what I'd reserve:)

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condos at north end of 7 mile beach

We stayed at Discovery Point last week and I was really disappointed with the beach. I wish I had picked Aqua Bay instead. The beach at DP was very rocky and there was a steep drop off. The water right in front was full of rocks and not very pretty to look at. I walked by Aqua Bay and they're beach front was much better and it's closer to Cemetary reef for good snorkeling.

Both condos have the same interior layout and both have been recentley renovated. I chose DP because it was $30 a nite cheaper. Both have nice pools but again i'll give the edge to Aqua Bay. A screened in patio is very important to us and that's why we ruled out Silver Sands. You really can't go wrong with any of those condos, but Aqua Bay would get my vote.

Sandy

Mentioned in this post
Silver Sands
Silver Sands
137 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Washington State
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condos at north end of 7 mile beach

Thank you. That's very helpful and kind of supports what I was already thinking.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condos at north end of 7 mile beach

Aqua Bay consistently gets good reviews. You may want to consider renting a car.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
452 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condos at north end of 7 mile beach

We stayed at DPC a few years ago. I don't know the post hurricane conditions, but in my opinion the 'beach' was nice, but the water there is very rocky. I like to be able to walk out into the water and feel sand, not rocks. My wife, on the other hand, loved DPC because the 'beach' sand was nice and she doesn't get in the water much unless we are going to dive.

I don't know about the other two places you mentioned other than to say I really thought the condos 'to the south' or closer to Georgetown had the kind of beach/water I look for. I'm talking about just a few condos away, maybe 100 yards or so, like Anchorage, London House, Tarquynn Manor. the ones you mentioned are on the opposite side (i.e farther north or away from GT)

I can't speak to the rooms in any of those, but for me, going to Cayman and staying in a beachfront condo is about being able to walk straight from my patio to about 30 yards off shore and being able to enjoy the water without worrying if I brought enough bandaids or bacitracin.

Back to your question - DPC would fit a family of 5 comfortably, has a full kitchen, nice private pool, barb-b-q pits, tennis courts, friendly & helpful staff and does have 2 bathrooms.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach