We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Give me restaurant (w/kids!) recs please

TEXAS
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Give me restaurant (w/kids!) recs please

I say WITH KIDS, because there will be absolutely no fine dining this trip. I have a 20 mt old and a 5 year old, so it can't be anywhere that I'd feel guilty about disturbing others who are paying a lot for their meal! (they're well-behaved, but you never know with kids!!).. So, beach-side would be awesome... any style food really, but the more casual/loud, the better. And, we're staying at Plantana, so the closer the better to that... we're not planning on venturing out this trip. Our 20 mt old loathes the car, so our car trips need to be short and sweet. :)

Lay it on me!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Give me restaurant (w/kids!) recs please

We found all of the restaurants we went to in GC to be very welcoming toward kids. Some more kid-friendly than others but, in our experience, it didn't necessarily correlate with how pricey or inexpensive it was. As you indicated, we felt it had to do moreso with the restaurant's atmosphere, set up, menu choices and overall vibe, e.g. the staff, managers made our kids feel welcomed there.

Here are our suggestions, based on our experiences (in no particular order):

Periwinkles at the Ritz - very welcoming with kids, kids own buffet area and kid-friendly outdoor movie every (?) night

Papagallo's - a little more of a drive, not as easy to find, but great service and delicious food, kids loved their parrot

Casanova - staff went out of their way to make our kids feel at home, even their harpist came by to 'serenade' our toddler (she loved it!)

Sunshine Grill - very casual, great food, very kid-friendly service

Ortanique (at Camana Bay) - pleasantly surprised how welcoming they were with kids, but we sat outside (with other families) and went during a time Camana Bay was hosting a very family friendly event so lots of kids milling around

Luca (for Sunday Brunch) - one of the best brunches we've had, lots of families

Anyway, hope this gives you some ideas. I'm sure you'll get plenty others. GC is a great place for families!

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Give me restaurant (w/kids!) recs please

From Plantana, you can walk to Calico Jack's and Duke's to the north. Outdoor seating, very casual. To the south, you can walk to the Royal Palms, on the beach, as is Calico Jack's. If you want to stay home for some meals, you will find a copy of Fine Dine in the condo In, a service which delivers from participating restaurants right to the unit. We always have a night or two when we don't feel like going out and have found them reliable. Pizza delivery from Gino's is another easy, stay at home option. Eats diner and, as mentioned, Sunshine Grill are two other casual options within walking distance.

You can see menus at caymangoodtaste.com.

TEXAS
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Give me restaurant (w/kids!) recs please

Thank you both so so much!!!! Great info!!!

And a kids buffet at the Ritz??! Sign us up!!!

4. Re: Give me restaurant (w/kids!) recs please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach